Victor intake on a B motor and stock hood

-
According to Edelbrock's web site the RPM has a carb height of 5.35 and the Victor is 6.13, so about 3/4 inch higher. Do you know how much hood clearance you had before?

According to Edelbrock's web site the RPM has a carb height of 5.35 and the Victor is 6.13, so about 3/4 inch higher. Do you know how much hood clearance you had before?
I had about 1/2" between the airbreather with a 1" drop. It should fit with a shorter base. Just curious what others may have done.

The interference point on mine was the bracing, not the hood skin. I trimmed a bit for clearance, rather than going to a dropped base air cleaner. May be another option for you to gain a little.

IMG_3982.JPG

IMG_3983.JPG

IMG_4493.JPG

I managed to get the stock hood to close by kicking up the back of the hood (1/2”), using a drop base and air filter lid. Andrew

It probably won't clear. But the only way to be sure is to mock it up and see.

My car has an Edelbrock, a NOS powershot plate and a Moroso drop-base air cleaner and it just barely clears. So yours will be 3/4" taller less the 1/2" plate...

Here is where I ended up, a bit old school, but it’s worth it in my opinion to get the HP #’s we were after. I can probably take another 1/4” out of it. Andrew

82CD6B64-B136-4AA5-96F6-0E08520048A0.jpeg

Yes. It was a whole new motor build (still based on the 400). The intake from RPM to the Victor was the only thing that changed dimensionally. Andrew

-
Back