VIDEO COPYING

-

d1970

TODAY IS A GOOD DAY TO HAVE A GOOD DAY
Reaction score
How do you copy video off YouTube and place it on the website. Thanks

Now if somebody can just tell me how to copy factory vhs tapes LMAO

Those days are pretty much over, but I can tell you how to do DVD's with a computer (not Linux) that are copy protected.
(For personal use of backing up a DVD you own already of course) :D

You go from a vhs player to a dvd recorder and then once it's on a dvd, you can make an MPEG or MP4 file to keep on your puter plus you will still have the dvd.. Good way to back up and store an entire Vhs collection on an external drive the size of a wallet.

I have a DVD recorder and i just finished converting probably 100 vhs tapes of ireplacable home video to an external hard drive for an aunt. ......took me like 3 months.

If you need a hand with that send me some of your vhs tapes a few at a time and i can send you back the tape plus a dvd or pen drive then you can go from the digital file to you tube or whatever you want.

You go from a vhs player to a dvd recorder and then once it's on a dvd, you can make an MPEG or MP4 file to keep on your puter plus you will still have the dvd.. Good way to back up and store an entire Vhs collection on an external drive the size of a wallet.

I have a DVD recorder and i just finished converting probably 100 vhs tapes of ireplacable home video to an external hard drive for an aunt. ......took me like 3 months.

If you need a hand with that send me some of your vhs tapes a few at a time and i can send you back the tape plus a dvd or pen drive then you can go from the digital file to you tube or whatever you want.

I think he meant copy protected movie type VHS. (home video's are not copy protected via the scrambling)
I also have the VHS to DVD/MPEG/MP4 hardware and software but I think the copy protection scrambling still happens when you output the data to another device.
I could be remembering that wrong though.

Those days are pretty much over, but I can tell you how to do DVD's with a computer (not Linux) that are copy protected.
(For personal use of backing up a DVD you own already of course) :D
I would like to know how to do this

I think he meant copy protected movie type VHS. (home video's are not copy protected via the scrambling)
I also have the VHS to DVD/MPEG/MP4 hardware and software but I think the copy protection scrambling still happens when you output the data to another device.
I could be remembering that wrong though.
If its a copy protected video then likely its commercially available on dvd, i was taking about home videos and other misc. I even have saved, old flintstone cartoons with the old commercials because vhs used to be able to record from tv. The new dvd recorders can do the same with the right software

I would like to know how to do this

Look into a program for Windows called DVDShrink here: dvdshrink.org: FREE Backup Solution for your DVD movies!
It's a free program that removes the copy protection on DVD's as well as removing sections during the copy for space requirements of the discs. (like other languages and scenes you don't need, and the extra's that most discs have)
It's actually just ripping the DVD to a folder of burnable DVD files on the computer so they need to be put on a DVD with a burning program afterwards. (Plenty of those to be had for free if needed)

If its a copy protected video then likely its commercially available on dvd, i was taking about home videos and other misc. I even have saved, old flintstone cartoons with the old commercials because vhs used to be able to record from tv. The new dvd recorders can do the same with the right software

Yep, I have all the stuff for that, as well as to download Youtube video's and burn them as DVD's and pretty much any other video format.
Also 8mm or compact disc to DVD, cassette to CD, 1.2 floppy to CDor 1.2 floppy to 1.44 (don't know why anyone would bother but I have been paid to do it)
Look into a software package for Win media Player called K-Lite Codec pack (full version) it's also free and allows Media player to play about every file type there is. (except Quicktime)
And a program called DVD Flick (free) that converts most any common video type to DVD compatible and burnable files.
When it converts it even fills in all the other data for the video to be selected and played just like any other DVD video does.

Yeah, copy protected. I bought a couple of "magic boxes" off th' bay that are supposed to work around it, but have not been reliable. Surprized that something so damn old and klugy is so effective, LMAO. I would LOVE to stack all this VHS somewhere that I don't have to deal with em.

This post is timely, I just downloaded DVD Flick (careful what link pops up when you try to download it as it looks to be hijacked by another DVD program) and I used DVDshrink years ago to get a bunch of downloaded Spongebob episodes on DVD for a travel trip. Tha one works great for getting a big movie on a limited DVD, ie "shrink it to fit 1.5GB" and it will do it. You can also convert VHS to digital by running it through some miniDV camcorders.

This post is timely, I just downloaded DVD Flick (careful what link pops up when you try to download it as it looks to be hijacked by another DVD program) and I used DVDshrink years ago to get a bunch of downloaded Spongebob episodes on DVD for a travel trip. Tha one works great for getting a big movie on a limited DVD, ie "shrink it to fit 1.5GB" and it will do it. You can also convert VHS to digital by running it through some miniDV camcorders.

Great stuff for free isn't it.
Never heard running through a mini camcorder, but I do have the analog to digital converters cables also.
It can convert any analog type cables connection for AV to digital USB connection.

AV has been my thing for years, but I also like a lot of music that I can get with a program called Free Hi Q recorder.
Anything that can come out of the sound system of the computer can be recorded back to the computer as a stereo MP3

Here's one I recorded with it.

It will do a lot better quality but the song was only that good in the first place.
www.letsgocomputers.com/music/constansorrow.mp3

Last edited:
When you want to post a video off of Youtube look below the video for the word 'share'. If you click on it a link will show up that you can copy & paste on other web sites.
11.JPG
111.JPG

It should work...since you are making a copy of the video output...not a copy of the tape itself....i copied my 727 trans rebuilt from vhs to computer to put it on a dvd..

You could just set the GoPro in front of your TV nowadays and get a decent copy of a commercial VHS movie if you could figure out the framerate and the 60hz TV refresh rate.

To copy VHS tapes to your computer or DVD, I have had good luck with Honestech VHS to DVD 2.0 SE.

For copying youtube.com videos to your computer, I have had good luck with Free Youtube Downloader.

-
Back