Video with the Slant Six Nationals race winner

-
God that thing is a piece LOLOL

In the interview Greg very briefly mentions his other drag car,,, that one is an immaculate '68 Dart, 4 speed, built slant with a Hyperpac intake. That one is way to nice to screw with, hence the Ruster. A car that Greg can do what ever he wants to with. And he is very successful with it. There are faster slant drag cars, Greg is fast enough, and consistent.

Greg is one hell of a nice guy. I've known him and his Dad for years.
He is a high school music teacher. His students get a kick out of his hobby.

I like it!
It proves that a race car doesn't have to be purdy to have fun and be competitive.............

Greg is one hell of a nice guy. I've known him and his Dad for years.
He is a high school music teacher. His students get a kick out of his hobby.
as often as I have talked back n forth with him on the /6 site I never knew what his "day job is/was..... I wonder if he did the "indivitagavadda" (sp?) thing in class, instead of what he may have been "supposed to" be teaching the kids, ala "The Simpsons" episode? (yeah I know that was actually a "church-y" scene, but you get the idea.....

When you come down to it, the whole Slant community is made up of some very good people.
I had nothing but a great time with the racers in past years. The fun part of Slant racing is a run what ya brung. No one cares how fast your car is or not. I raced several cars over the years from 12 second machines to 22 second bone stock 170 CID.

My Dad would go to the track with me back in the 70's.
He would say "It doesn't have to look good to be fast".
It proves that a race car doesn't have to be purdy to have fun and be competitive.

-
Back