vin decoding

-

duster340

street racer
Reaction score
Vehicle Identification Number: VL29G3B272973
Vehicle Model: Valiant/Duster/Scamp
Vehicle Class: Low Price Class (Valiant, Duster, Satellite Coupe)
Vehicle Body Style: 2 Door Sports Hardtop
Vehicle Engine: 318 CID/150 HP or 170 HP 2 BBL V8
Vehicle Year: 1973
Vehicle Assembly Plant: Dodge Main, Hamtramck, MI, USA
Assembly Sequence Number: 272973

just dont think this car seams to be so low price clas from the factory..
sure it all looks right but is my car a misstake from detroit, does it make any diferece that my car has the 340 interior decor group with bucket seats and console floorshifted autotransmission it had ralley suspension and stripes wich i cant remeber the name of..
what would have made a duster "high price class" is there anything like that?

thanks in advance

duster340 said:

sure it all looks right but is my car a misstake from detroit, does it make any diferece that my car has the 340 interior decor group with bucket seats and console floorshifted autotransmission it had ralley suspension and stripes wich i cant remeber the name of..

thanks in advance

send me a rubbing or pic of the fender data plate. i can decode it for you as to what interior you have, trans, whatnot.... i have the 72-74 decode book. needed it for my 72 scamp. i also have the one for my 67 and 68 darts.

unfortynaly i dont have the fendertag anymore some owner many years back lost it:( but i can scan the paper that was found behind my backseat if it helps?
it still possible to read all that is written on it..

duster340 said:

thanks in advance

If I remember correctly from when I was building that VIN decoder... All of the
Valiants & Dusters were the "low price class". I believe it meant the car line, not a particular model of a car. For instance, the Duster would be "low" price class, a car like the New Yorker or 300 would be the "high" price class.

nope! i have had high price class valiants. an di have seen hich price class dusters as well. not all were low. hell my scamp is a high price class as well as all my darts. i dont know what makes it that way but it is..

I was just coming back to amend my post, you beat me to it!

It looks like the series of the vehicle is what determines the price class... For example, in 1973 a Valiant, Duster, Dart, Dart Swinger Special and Dart Sport was in the "low" price class. A Valiant Signet, Scamp, Dart Custom and Dart Swinger was in the "high" price class. The "premium" price class included the Valiant Brougham and Dart SE ('74).

So I guess you can just ignore my previous post. ;-)

ok thanks for all the replys anyway! anyone still intrested in decoding the pice of paper?
it doesent turn out soo good when i try to scan it but i am sure i can get all the numbers and letters right anyway..

-
Back