Vin # help

-
Thanks, cant remember what the 1st "B" stand for...my 69 for example
BH27P9BXXXXXX. The P was 340 if H it was 383. 9=69.
Your 1st B I think is "base"??

Thanks, cant remember what the 1st "B" stand for...my 69 for example
BH27P9BXXXXXX. The P was 340 if H it was 383. 9=69.
Your 1st B I think is "base"??
Very interesting. I read on another forum that the 67 and 68 trunk lip numbers did not match the vin number. They didn't start doing that till 69.

For 68 Only

B-Hamtramck
8-1968
B-Barracuda
A44II9-SO Number (A44119)

This will pair with the data/fender tag
Will need a broadcast sheet to connect to a VIN

Alan

For 68 Only

B-Hamtramck
8-1968
B-Barracuda
A44II9-SO Number (A44119)

This will pair with the data/fender tag
Will need a broadcast sheet to connect to a VIN

Alan
If i dont have the data/fender tag am i screwed? I only have the shell/ back half no other data tags

I know that, he asked if he was "screwed". I'm assuming he wants to title it in his name as a 68(or 9) barracuda. I mentioned nothing about the BO cudas.
The claim of being a BO29 shell is void without documentation to connect it to a BO29 VIN.

Alan

I was of the understanding that 69 is the first year of vin body numbers plus the regular VIN tag on the dash frame. 68/ earlier only have the order numbers on the body, which must be matched via the certicard/ fender tag. If you have a 67, it would have the VIN on the driver's door frame. If you have a 68 you are screwed if you have no dash VIN and even if you had a title I know of no way to match that to the car--without the dash.

If this is a 69 the body stampings should be a partial VIN. But without a title I don't know how you'd go about it.

I dont have the rest of the car just the back half. B8BA44II9….
If you only have the back half of the car, not sure what you plan on doing with it. I presume you don't have a title for it? If you plan on building it into a car, you will need to (as 4spd said above) acquire a Vin tag (located on the dash) along with a title that matches the Vin. As stated, 1968 bodies have no Vin stamped in them anywhere.

Have you found any of the original paint anywhere ? All BO29s were white with black fiberglass fenders and hood .
I had an encounter with Ron McDowell once without knowing who he was … and he told me
he owned a Hemi Cuda at one time .. I asked him what year thinking he was full of **** and he said it was a 68 . Sure you did…. What color was it ? He answered White but the hood and fenders were black because they were fiberglass . I then realized he had campaigned the BO29 car Gentle Ben in 68 !

Even if it was a genuine BO29 shell, it is going to take more than some white paint to add value to this shell, might as well be a slant six.

Alan

Have you found any of the original paint anywhere ? All BO29s were white with black fiberglass fenders and hood .
I had an encounter with Ron McDowell once without knowing who he was … and he told me
he owned a Hemi Cuda at one time .. I asked him what year thinking he was full of **** and he said it was a 68 . Sure you did…. What color was it ? He answered White but the hood and fenders were black because they were fiberglass . I then realized he had campaigned the BO29 car Gentle Ben in 68 !
It has been dipped. Also all front fiberglass was presumably destroyed. The guy I got it from said a younger gentleman in southern Arkansas crashed it and never got it back to racing shape. I don't know if the guy was from Arkansas or if the car was crashed in Arkansas

you mean dipped as in “stripped of paint “ ?
and when you say you only have the back half does that mean there are no fender wells or front frame rails/suspension?

you mean dipped as in “stripped of paint “ ?
and when you say you only have the back half does that mean there are no fender wells or front frame rails/suspension?
Acid dipped so yeah stripped of paint and correct no fender wells or anything

For what I understand the BO cars where buillt on the H-code cars? if so it should have rear torque boxes?!

-
Back