Vin tag decode help please

-
My wheels are also coded EB5, and are the body colored steelies with the poverty center caps. All my data shows EB5 is correct for a 1970 Swinger 340. If I'm wrong, please correct me.

My build sheet says EB5 in the body paint code on my build sheet. The roof paint/style top code is also EB5. My car is definitely a 1970 Swinger 340. I beg to differ, 413. I could be wrong, but I don't think so this time. I'm not trying to be a butthead, and I don't mind being corrected when I screw up, but I'm real sure on this one.
EB5 was a 69 color that was also used in 70 without changing it.
EB5 was followed up with GB5 in 71, different shade.

Alan

Not to be an ***, but why wasn't there an FB5 blue for 1970? Again, just asking....

IIRC, A couple of years ago, I could buy a Challenger 1320 in B5 blue. Is this the same color?

My wi fi is really on and off right now,( seems mostly off, lol) and my edit wouldnt post. Anyway, an A66 is a non-R/T 1970 340 challenger. Pretty rare car.

I have a friend with an A66 Challenger.
Just says V8 on the fender . We know who the original owner is and its never been modified.

Not to be an ***, but why wasn't there an FB5 blue for 1970? Again, just asking....
Generally speaking, if a color or part didn't change from one year to the next, they used the same part number/paint code from the previous year.

But they usually rolled over to the next letter to reflect the new model year. Maybe 1969 D5 Blue was the same color, but all the paint code sources show 1970 as EB5 Blue Fire Poly. My interior is EB7 dark (Jamaican Blue) Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to get all the history on my car correct. My build sheet for paint, roof, and wheels show EB5 Blue, Blue Poly Fire. I'll show a redacted picture of my build sheet. Paul.

This was a good afternoon. Epoxy primer one day (last week) Then paint later, (yesterday) a couple of hours and ……….
Well, this looks a little better. The car will be drag raced, so super sweet paint jobs need not apply.
SO! Second time behind a paint gun. There ya go.
I can live with this a whole lot more than what it looked like. Just like the underside of the hood. Ugh! Ouch!
My eyes, MY EYES! LMAO

749A4E58-7894-4879-8A45-20633843F9FB.jpeg
3D447831-6AD2-43A6-AF29-831A2FFD6A97.jpeg

The bottom (and top!) of that hood needs a coat of paint!
Rumble, are you gonna do some kind of black treatment on the hood, maybe with a hood scoop?

But they usually rolled over to the next letter to reflect the new model year. Maybe 1969 D5 Blue was the same color, but all the paint code sources show 1970 as EB5 Blue Fire Poly. My interior is EB7 dark (Jamaican Blue) Again, I'm not trying to be a dick, just trying to get all the history on my car correct. My build sheet for paint, roof, and wheels show EB5 Blue, Blue Poly Fire. I'll show a redacted picture of my build sheet. Paul.
My 69 runner is bahama yellow ( dodge called it butterscotch) with a paint code of 96. It could also have been 96E, or 99. It was,at most, a half year color in 69, and not available on anything (unless maybe a VERY special order, mopar did stuff like that) in 1970.
So when they brought back the color in 71, with no changes, it was indicated on the tag as EL5, even though it would normally be a "G" color by year, because it debuted in 69 (note the 96 E code).

The bottom (and top!) of that hood needs a coat of paint!
Rumble, are you gonna do some kind of black treatment on the hood, maybe with a hood scoop?
The hood will go in favor of fiberglass at a later date.
A hood scoop is an unknown at this point.
This W5 top end is what it will get.

43A6FA57-0C53-4F67-986B-1B874BFBC229.jpeg

As of right now, I’ll be sliding in a 10.5-1 - 030 over 340 with a Edelbrock top end package and a modified Comp Hyd. XE285HL on a 108. It’s just for a little street fun. Then…. Reinstall some OE 340/360 heads and a ‘73 TQ intake & TQ that will end up in my ‘73 Cuda 4spd.
(Correct for the Cuda)

Later on….
I’ll start with the MP .590 in a 373 CID/904.
Then cut some teeth on it. (It’s been a long long while.)
Then I’ll move to the Ultradyne solid with a MoPar .904 lifter only lobe I picked up here. @050 - 271/277 - .620/.640 - 106
With the lightened car, this should be enough engine and cam to do what I want. If not, there’s always this to try out for spin.

D3E51DF3-9C77-47C6-96BA-53C9B0AC37C3.jpeg

And this is the problem with the above question of a hood scoop.
:rofl:

-
Back