Vintage air hood clearance

-

Bob gatch

Reaction score
a good friend of of mine who is computer illiterate wants me to ask a question.
He has a 71 dart swinger,he is building this car with a 99 360 magnum engine. He is adding a vintage air system and is concerned about hood clearance.I think the concern is the compressor is on top.has anyone here done this?

The small Sanden type compressor should clear with no problem, I've never done one myself, however, I have them on other vehicles. Do a mock up first, then use a straight edge like a broom handle or similar across the fender flanges to verify clearance, I doubt that it would be higher than an air cleaner, but as this is a custom application you would be best to check all clearances first.

a good friend of of mine who is computer illiterate wants me to ask a question.
He has a 71 dart swinger,he is building this car with a 99 360 magnum engine. He is adding a vintage air system and is concerned about hood clearance.I think the concern is the compressor is on top.has anyone here done this?

This is a 74 with the Sanden compressor like Vintage Air uses, and you can see they have plenty of room where they are mounted.

Sanden.jpg

He might be better off to use all of the stock Magnum serpentine stuff, and use the factory AC compressor. It is more than likely a Sanden pump. The hoses can be made up to fit anything on each end.

-
Back