Vintage air hood clearance

Magnum Engine Swaps

1. Bob gatch

Bob gatch New Member

Local Time:
    1:35 AM
    a good friend of of mine who is computer illiterate wants me to ask a question.
    He has a 71 dart swinger,he is building this car with a 99 360 magnum engine. He is adding a vintage air system and is concerned about hood clearance.I think the concern is the compressor is on top.has anyone here done this?

2. missing linc

missing linc Loose nut behind the wheel

Local Time:
    11:35 PM
    The small Sanden type compressor should clear with no problem, I've never done one myself, however, I have them on other vehicles. Do a mock up first, then use a straight edge like a broom handle or similar across the fender flanges to verify clearance, I doubt that it would be higher than an air cleaner, but as this is a custom application you would be best to check all clearances first.

• Like Like x 1
    • TrailBeast

TrailBeast AKA Mopars4us on Youtube

Local Time:
      11:35 PM
      This is a 74 with the Sanden compressor like Vintage Air uses, and you can see they have plenty of room where they are mounted.

Sanden.jpg

• Like Like x 1
      • JDMopar

JDMopar Well-Known Member

Local Time:
        1:35 AM
        He might be better off to use all of the stock Magnum serpentine stuff, and use the factory AC compressor. It is more than likely a Sanden pump. The hoses can be made up to fit anything on each end.

• Like Like x 1
        • Agree Agree x 1
        • easyrider

easyrider 65 droptop

Local Time:
          12:35 AM
          Here's my 5.9 with the Dakota factory a/c compressor and belt system in my 65 Dart. No clearance issues.

IMG_1768.JPG

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
          By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.