Vintage Chrysler/Slant 6/Valiant Scans

-

T0dd

Reaction score
I am taking some time to cleanup my stacks and scan some things for those who enjoy this sort of thing. Feel free to post your own scans as well. If you have anything to donate that you want digitized feel free to contact me.

The Story of Valiant (Booklet)
The Story of Valiant (Chrysler News Version)
How The Valiant Got Its Name
How The Secret of Midland Ave. Became The Pride of Main St. (Valiant History)
Unknown Document from Chrysler
Chrysler Slant 6 Engine Rebuild Guide (unofficial? official?)

Thank you for posting this!
A lot of interesting reading here............

X2, very nice of you to make these documents available.

Thanks, T0dd.
If I am not mistaken, the "unknown" document is an excerpt from the book, "The Plymouth-DeSoto Story" by Don Butler (Crestline Publications, 1979):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0912612142/?tag=joeychgo-20

Butler was a member of the American Society of Automotive Historians. He researched everything from the original Chrysler Corp. archives and he really knew his stuff.

Thanks, T0dd.
If I am not mistaken, the "unknown" document is an excerpt from the book, "The Plymouth-DeSoto Story" by Don Butler (Crestline Publications, 1979):

https://www.amazon.com/dp/0912612142/?tag=joeychgo-20

Butler was a member of the American Society of Automotive Historians. He researched everything from the original Chrysler Corp. archives and he really knew his stuff.

Thanks, that xerox was among the other items I scanned. There was no reference to where it came from.

The last one has all the look and format of a Chrysler Corporation factory service manual.
Inside there are references to Valiant AP5 & AP6 models - these are Chrysler Australia. Someone more familiar with the Aussie Valiant should be able to get you the specifics. The only two engines listed are the corporate 225 slant six and 273 v-8. Therefore its probably mid to late 1960s.

-
Back