Vinyl Drip rail

-

KB9GIB

Reaction score
Need some information. I looked on the forum on this. They say the vinyl drip rail is wider than non vinyl drip rail? does anyone have a measurement on vinyl drip rail trim. the ones I have came off a 1/2 vinyl top car. and someone mentioned removing something by the front windshield if it didn’t come with drip rail. anyone can give me some information on this I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance KB9GIB

I have removed a couple of trim pieces. Vinyl top drip rail trim that is wider has a green marker stripe on the back as seen in the first picture

DSCN0396.JPG

DSCN0381 (2).JPG

DSCN0381.JPG

DSCN0382 (2).JPG

DSCN0382.JPG

DSCN0395.JPG

DSCN0389.JPG

DSCN0390.JPG

I have removed a couple of trim pieces. Vinyl top drip rail trim that is wider has a green marker stripe on the back as seen in the first picture

View attachment 1715423675

View attachment 1715423676

View attachment 1715423677

View attachment 1715423678

View attachment 1715423679

View attachment 1715423680

View attachment 1715423681

View attachment 1715423682
I looked at what I have off of the 1/2 vinyl roof car and it doesn’t have any green on it I will probably have to find the wider trim. Thanks KB9GIB

I would try it. I have seen guys use non vinyl trim for vinyl. Its easier to open them up then to close them.

Going from a vinyl top car and taking the top off the trim is always loose and does not fit tight.

Putting a top on you should be able to make the trim work. run a wedge through the trim. Top of the trim goes on first and pull it down over the bottom. The vinyl is cut in the middle of the drip rail.

Don't put thick paint on the rail ,Primer or base paint only. You could also narrow the rail a tad and fit the trim with a strip of old vinyl before you paint the car. There are several options.

I would try it. I have seen guys use non vinyl trim for vinyl. Its easier to open them up then to close them.

Going from a vinyl top car and taking the top off the trim is always loose and does not fit tight.

Putting a top on you should be able to make the trim work. run a wedge through the trim. Top of the trim goes on first and pull it down over the bottom. The vinyl is cut in the middle of the drip rail.

Don't put thick paint on the rail ,Primer or base paint only. You could also narrow the rail a tad and fit the trim with a strip of old vinyl before you paint the car. There are several options.
Ok thanks for your advice. On the car painted drip rail is a small piece of metal towards the front does that have to come off are will the chrome fit over it I could get a picture tomorrow if needed. Thanks for all your help KB9GIB

They come off. Those two little pieces are hard to find . Guys cloning old race cars that want to eliminate the chrome are always looking for them. Swinger body style are even rarer. $20 shipped is what I sold them for some years back. Post them in pictures of you putting your chrome on. You'll get offer's. I just took two off but I lost one.

29ABC8F8-DDD9-4DBA-B04C-C58C112EFAF6.jpeg
They come off. Those two little pieces are hard to find . Guys cloning old race cars that want to eliminate the chrome are always looking for them. Swinger body style are even rarer. $20 shipped is what I sold them for some years back. Post them in pictures of you putting your chrome on. You'll get offer's. I just took two off but I lost one.
Ok on they just come off. Thanks for all your help. KB9GIB Anna Illinois

-
Back