Vinyl Top Install

-

blown340

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello, I've recently moved to Chico and I am in search of someone to install a vinyl top on my 71 Duster. Would anyone be able to recommend a shop or person for this.

Another option would be doing the work here at my shop, I could possibly remove the glass front and rear and at least get the top sanded down so the glue will stick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

IMG_7826.jpg

Hello, I've recently moved to Chico and I am in search of someone to install a vinyl top on my 71 Duster. Would anyone be able to recommend a shop or person for this.

Another option would be doing the work here at my shop, I could possibly remove the glass front and rear and at least get the top sanded down so the glue will stick.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

John

View attachment 1716023408
I don’t have any recommendations in this area. The upholstery shops I use to work with are down in the bay area. Although it’s been 8-9 years since my last vinyl top installl, I would just do it yourself. Of course there are several tips we could all give you but the one that I think that is one of the most important is to get a second set of hands to help you. It makes the process much easier. Good luck with the install, no matter who does it.

I don’t have any recommendations in this area. The upholstery shops I use to work with are down in the bay area. Although it’s been 8-9 years since my last vinyl top installl, I would just do it yourself. Of course there are several tips we could all give you but the one that I think that is one of the most important is to get a second set of hands to help you. It makes the process much easier. Good luck with the install, no matter who does it.
Thanks for the advise, I think I'll put this project off till it warms up a bit, once I get my trailer project completed I'll have more room to work here in the shop. I'll ask my upholstery guy if he'd be interested in helping me, Thanks again.

-
Back