Vinyl top ????

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
Pulled the old vinyl top off the Cuda today and now I have to deal with the old adhesive. I also have to change the front & rear glass gaskets. How have you guys dealt with the old glue on the top. Where is the best place to buy windshield & rear (notch) glass gaskets for 1967 Cuda??

DesertRat said:
Pulled the old vinyl top off the Cuda today and now I have to deal with the old adhesive. I also have to change the front & rear glass gaskets. How have you guys dealt with the old glue on the top. Where is the best place to buy windshield & rear (notch) glass gaskets for 1967 Cuda??

well dealing withthe adhesive is the easy part..... take a stiff scrub brush and some thing like Goof Off and just crub it off.... thats what i did with my scamp and it works.

as for the gaskets there are a few places that might have it. year one orthe paddock shoud caryr them since it is a car that is more popular than my 4dr darts.....

I own a small Mopar restoration shop called redline restorations. I have restored many vinyl top equipt cars in the past. What I do is, pull of the old vinyl, I use a DA with 80 grit paper on it. Not only will that remove the old glue, but it will prepare the roof for the next step. Then , I coat the roof with a couple good coats of epoxy primer to seal it and prevent any future rust issues. Then I will paint the roof the color of the car (the last one I did was my FE5 70 340 swinger) then install the new vinyl. As for the window gaskets, Yearone has then listed as #WS303 for the rear @ $128.00 and the front as #WCRD690 @ $76.00. Their catalog shows them for 68/69 barracuda's, but I believe 67 is the same. Hope this helps.

I mostly use a vinyl top glue that is sprayed on with a spray gun, but I have used 3M super trim adhesive. You will need about three cans to do the job. It is avilable at body shop supply stores and most auto parts stores.

'67 used that flakey chrome plated plastic lock strip that looks like heck when it weathers. '68-'69 used the stainless trim. Correct me if I'm wrong please. Ray

You areright Lm23, 67 is the only year for that type of window trim. i don't think you can install a vinyl top with that trim. I've never seen one. You can convert the trim over to 68-69 style then get hold of some around the bottom of the glass pieces, drill the holes and then there is a place to tuck the vinyl under, the same as the window trim.
Barracudadave67

-
Back