Not open for further replies.

BergmanAutoCraft

FABO Vendor
FABO Vendor
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contact seller
I have a pair of AR Engineering caliper brackets for sale. These allow the use of gen 1/2 Viper calipers and 13" rotors to be bolted on to 73-76 A/E body drum knuckles. I have included the original instructions so potential buyers can see exactly what's needed. I can also supply the hubs which is the only other custom part of this kit.

Brackets only 150 shipped to the lower 48.
Paypal to Bergmanautocraft@aol.com

AR Engineering.jpg

AR Engineering 2.jpg

AR Engineering 3.jpg

I have a pair of AR Engineering caliper brackets for sale. These allow the use of gen 1/2 Viper calipers and 13" rotors to be bolted on to 73-76 A/E body drum knuckles. I have included the original instructions so potential buyers can see exactly what's needed. I can also supply the hubs which is the only other custom part of this kit.

Brackets only 150 shipped to the lower 48.
Paypal to Bergmanautocraft@aol.com

View attachment 1715673371

View attachment 1715673372

View attachment 1715673373

So to be clear, if I were to buy the brackets, I would need to still source hubs and rotors. Correct? I know the calipers are needed as well, but they are more of an off the shelf part while at the hubs and rotors are custom?

Just trying to wrap my head around what all would be involved if I jumped on this.

Need 73-76 large bolt drum spindles/knuckles

Need 73-76 large bolt drum spindles/knuckles

Right, but those are still an "off the shelf" part. And I already have a set.

What I am worried about is what do you do for a hub and rotor if you buy these brackets? I know Andy isn't making the custom hubs anymore, and I think the rotors were some OEM rotor that needed machining to fit and he also isn't doing those anymore. I also know that Dr. Diff used to sells a similar kit, and his Stage 3 Cobra kit uses a similar hub but (I suspect) a different rotor but no idea if his hub is available separate nor if it would work. In the end, the rotor might not be a big deal (provided the original application is known), but the hub is a bit of a stickier point.

In the end, I am concerned that the missing custom parts will mean that I can't use the brackets. So I am asking for clarification.

The key parts needed are Mercedes rotors which range from $25 and up from rock auto. The center bores are very close to the mopar bore but they need to be opened up to 2.780”.
You will also need a hub. This is 73-76 disc rotor with the brake surface machined off. Rotors to make the hubs are cheap too as everyone knows. I can provide the hubs and rotors if someone wants, but these are pretty easy items for any local machinist to do.

The key parts needed are Mercedes rotors which range from $25 and up from rock auto. The center bores are very close to the mopar bore but they need to be opened up to 2.780”.
You will also need a hub. This is 73-76 disc rotor with the brake surface machined off. Rotors to make the hubs are cheap too as everyone knows. I can provide the hubs and rotors if someone wants, but these are pretty easy items for any local machinist to do.

I know Andy changed the offset on his hubs at one point, to better use the Mustang wheels. My guess was that this kit was built with those hubs and the rotor would be in the wrong position if the cut down rotor was used.

I am familiar with the hubs you are talking about, I built a set of those hubs for my PBR swap and am running them now. I didn’t think they would work.

Edit - to be clear I am only stating my assumptions, not arguing with you.

Last edited:
Guys - I've spoken to Andy and he confirmed he made a hub with a custom offset to make this work. I have not mocked this up to see exactly how different it would be from the typical late A rotor with the brake surface removed, but different nonetheless. If anyone is still interested in the brackets, let me know. I'm cleaning house and flexible on pricing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back