VIRUS HITTING CLOSE TO HOME

-

cawley

383 Bcuda
Reaction score
My girlfriends 17 old boy works at a store alittle more than a 1/2 mile away from our house. We just got word that a employee tested positive for the virus.

My girlfriends 17 old boy works at a store alittle more than a 1/2 mile away from our house. We just got word that a employee tested positive for the virus.
Are you in Milton NY?

it can be easy for some people to play this down when it's not in your face oh, just pray that it's never you or your loved one that's dying alone in quarantine

way over reacting to all of this 7.5 billion world population total deaths from corona 21,000 so do you really think this is a problem ?

So far.
I bet your reasoning on deaths doesn't include you or anyone you care about.

way over reacting to all of this 7.5 billion world population total deaths from corona 21,000 so do you really think this is a problem ?
and it started in December, not just a few weeks.
Probably looking at under 1% over long term.
Within a few weeks........maybe. Give it a couple more months.
and we will revisit at that time. say 6 months.

it can be easy for some people to play this down when it's not in your face oh, just pray that it's never you or your loved one that's dying alone in quarantine
If you are lucky enough to get into a hospital..... wait a few weeks, 25,000 cases in New York and doubling every two days. Sure, it may be like a flu but it is extremely catchy and affects the respiratory tract. Hospitals will quickly be overfull.

and it started in December, not just a few weeks.
Probably looking at under 1% over long term.

and we will revisit at that time. say 6 months.

Yes December. But the numbers are changing fast and the death rate is climbing as it spreads. I hope all you who don't think this is a big deal are right. I also hope none of your family or friends die from it. In the meantime, I'm keeping myself clear of public places and people. How about you?

Here is the timeline vs deaths. A few weeks isn’t too out of line. 21,000 deaths to date. From Feb where I clicked that’s a pretty bad increase.

EB67A123-0529-4FD5-A296-0B63293E62A8.png

I'm keeping clean and clear of everyone except my family.
I don't wear goggles, gloves and mask, like some I 've seen.

It gets more deeper than that. Lots of folks are freaked out and sometimes a Dumb ***, the GC foreman was likely joking but created a stir! We have a stop work policy, the GC super made some stupid uniformed remarks today that shut our job down. I would feel safest at a hospital in most cases compared to going to the supermarket. But this *** stirred the pot. My crew said no way and respectively did a stop work. Cost me a full day of e-mail and letters from the hospital infectious control staff and the CDC/OSHA to stop! Looks like this is going to be a daily routine going forward!

Last edited:
I’m doing the same but my wife is going to the store tomorrow for some goods and she said is going to. I went and got some brake parts today. Didn’t touch anything. Washed my hands when I got back. The parts were from China. :BangHead:

I am far from a gloom-and-doom guy but when you look at places like Spain Italy, New York, New Orleans, and now Los Angeles and yes we are only 2 weeks in I believe this to be the tip of the iceberg

well you may have dodged a bullet but I'm pretty sure your car is infected with Chinese Parts
:rofl:

Hope her son is ok! New York is out of control. This is definitely NO Joke. I have to work and lucky that I can but the 6 ft rule is a good start when near anyone. Especially elderly. I always question any customer before servicing their home and I'm staying away from anywhere I don't need to go. It will pass in time but our actions will have a play in how many get it and or die. I don't wish that on anyone and really never liked being around people in general. Its amazing how foolish some people are. That's the downfall here in the usa.

My company is listed as essential. My group is life safety. The other side of the house is HVAC. I feel for them! Mostly we can work with the policies set forth. It is Just trying us managers for documentation to protect our employees!

I’m doing the same but my wife is going to the store tomorrow for some goods and she said is going to. I went and got some brake parts today. Didn’t touch anything. Washed my hands when I got back. The parts were from China. :BangHead:
After all this BS from China I am taking the pledge - I will no longer knowingly purchase any product from China. I will go without or pay more.
Trade wars, Kung flu what the hell is next.

-
Back