W2 info needed #

-

SS Lancer

Reaction score
All W2 heads have offset rockers correct ? And noticed some W2 heads look like they have 4 bolt holes on exh ports is this so LA headers can bolt up or ???
Thanks Chris.

All W2 heads have offset intake rocker arms. Not all W2 heads have offset rockers shafts. W2 Econo heads have 4 bolt holes on the exhaust ports. Yes you can use LA headers on the Econo heads but they will block off some of the port. They used to make adaptor plates but I have not seen them in years.

All W2 heads have offset intake rocker arms. Not all W2 heads have offset rockers shafts. W2 Econo heads have 4 bolt holes on the exhaust ports.
Thank you Sir
Trying to learn about them
Why do some have extra bolt holes where headers go ??

I have no Idea why they did that. But I'm running a set of custom made manifolds on an econo set on the street just because headers in an A body are such a PITA

I have no Idea why they did that. But I'm running a set of custom made manifolds on an econo set on the street just because headers in an A body are such a PITA
Ten 4
Just curious I just a new set for my Eddy heads or non W2 set ups so was wondering if those can work on W2 heads
I know that intakes and pipes are specific to W2 in general.

20190221_152337.jpg

Yea they will bolt on. I have hogged out LA headers to mate the ports when I raced with W2 heads. Just don't go to far and it will be harder then hell to tighten up a couple of the outer tube bolts because they will be so close to the pipe.

Last edited:
Yea they will bolt on. I have hogged out LA headers to mate the ports when I raced with W2 heads. Just don't go to far and it will harder then hell to tighten up a couple of the outer tube bolts because they will be so close to the pipe.
Ten 4 they are 1 7/8 diameter
Thank you for the W2 college training this morning.

That is what was done to these. But if you go to far they will crack. Headers will for sure be more HP but I wanted it to be a stock looking street car.

IMG_20171030_185223793.jpg

IMG_20171030_185255996.jpg

IMG_20171104_155710287.jpg

IMG_20171104_155725403.jpg

That is what was done to these. But if you go to far they will crack. Headers will for sure be more HP but I wanted it to be a stock looking street car.

View attachment 1715301771

View attachment 1715301772

View attachment 1715301773

View attachment 1715301774
Nice work ###
My Dart came with a 340 that has those exh manifolds on it
I will sale them soon .
I think tubular automotive still makes adapter plates.
Good deal ### I will try to find that company tonight and see if they still exist .

The dual exhaust bolt holes are for ether W2 headers or the normal regular LA headers. Exhaust manifolds will also bolt up, but the port mis match is crazy. It still works fine. The exhaust isn’t as important or sensitive to bad port matching.

Most W2 head pipes are large as the head can flow a lot of air in and out, some tubes can be greater than 2 inches. Hedman makes the “Hustle Header” for the W2. They may also still have the adapter flanges. While it helps bolt up standard headers, there isn’t a huge gain in the ports flowing better, or much better. It does improve but.....

It does improve but
let me guess bolts are a PITA
turns out intakes do not make a lot of difference on 360 police cars for example, who'd a thought...

The dual exhaust bolt holes are for ether W2 headers or the normal regular LA headers. Exhaust manifolds will also bolt up, but the port mis match is crazy. It still works fine. The exhaust isn’t as important or sensitive to bad port matching.

Most W2 head pipes are large as the head can flow a lot of air in and out, some tubes can be greater than 2 inches. Hedman makes the “Hustle Header” for the W2. They may also still have the adapter flanges. While it helps bolt up standard headers, there isn’t a huge gain in the ports flowing better, or much better. It does improve but.....

i wonder if anyone has ever done a dyno test comparing the output difference between LA and W2 headers on a W2 head? It would be interesting to see just what it would be if that was the only thing changed.

-
Back