W2 Stroker comin together!

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
slowly but surely my W2 408 for my 69 340 4sp Swinger is seeing some progress !

Scat 4" Forged assembly
76 Motorgome block decked,bored & honed w/plates , line honed , square decked , oil galleys drilled..
W2 Race heads ported by Ryan @ Shady Dell 297cfm@ .650
1.6 HS rocker
Comp springs
Ferrea Valves
Custom solid roller .648
Crower Severe duty Hippo lifters
Smith Bros pushrods
Romac sfi balncer and billet timing chain
NOS Victor ported
TTi 1 7/8 Race headers
3" Exhaust
Mcleod 20# SFI flywheel
Mcleod RXT Dual plate clutch..
Kevko 6 Qt pan and pickup

God I hope it doesnt blow up on dyno !!

20181120_221557.jpg
20181120_221612.jpg
20181120_221731.jpg
20181120_221819.jpg

That looks absolutely awesome! I cant wait to see results as it is a very similar build to mine. Keep us posted!!!! Are you still planning to dyno with both intakes?

cool, i like it! keep us updated how it runs.

you had to do mods to the block with these lifters?

Michael

Who ground the cam for you?
Sounds very close to a build I’m working on right now but I still need to order a cam. My W2s go 302@.600” and I’m thinking of a cam with mid .600s lift. Did you get the lifters from a member here that works for Crower? I forget his screen name.

Yes... I cleaned up the valley .. Most coming from just above the lifter body.

I'm trying for a stockish appearance.
Reminds me a lot of mine, I was also after the stock-ish look.

dart19666 I think it is.

Yes... Shane helped me with the lifters and got me a great deal. I ordered the offset ones first then changed my mind and Shane was gracious enought to exchange them.

No pics of oil mods... just drilled out the galleys... no tubes and the lifters seem not to leak when I primed it.

]

Looks nice man. Should make insane numbers. Can you measure your header clearance from passenger center freeze plug to header tube for me?

From the water pump outlets to the side of the block then out of the intake.
One of our members that has/had a W5 engine has the MP race pump with the added on water outlets. I thought I had it saved.

IMG_0059.JPG

IMG_0039.jpg

Hmmm.... Where does the line lead to ?
I'm either welding in AN bungs or npts into the cam cover. I already tapped for npts but I may tig them. Block's in the shop and I forgot to measure before it left. I need to decide -12 or -10. I'm running Doug's which are smaller diameter. The passenger side is the only hang up. Need to see if this banjo will fit.

IMG_20181122_110634366.jpg

IMG_20181122_110653862.jpg

FIT-100012-L.jpg

image.png

Khugner250, nice shots! Thanks. I couldn’t find the other members W5 engine that I swore I had pictures of. But that is an excellent side engine shot showing that cooling mod.

MP race water pump for use with a flat plate behind it, not a stock timing cover. First picture below is where you would tap it from the outside.
Second picture is a head on shot showing both flat surfaces on each side of the water pump.
3rd picture is the back side of the pump. You should note several things about this pump.

On the back side the spinning water pump blades are covered by an anti cavitation plate and is only Recessed so deep. Hence the flat plate behind the pump. Or motor plate. Also note where the outside flats are on the inside. The lack of any other watering outlets on the fron face with its multi hole drilled for various fan/pulley attachment variations.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Scat 4" Forged assembly
76 Motorgome block decked,bored & honed w/plates , line honed , square decked , oil galleys drilled..
W2 Race heads ported by Ryan @ Shady Dell 297cfm@ .650
1.6 HS rocker
Comp springs
Ferrea Valves
Custom solid roller .648
Crower Severe duty Hippo lifters
Smith Bros pushrods
Romac sfi balncer and billet timing chain
NOS Victor ported
TTi 1 7/8 Race headers
3" Exhaust
Mcleod 20# SFI flywheel
Mcleod RXT Dual plate clutch..
Kevko 6 Qt pan and pickup

God I hope it doesnt blow up on dyno !!

View attachment 1715251641 View attachment 1715251642 View attachment 1715251643 View attachment 1715251644
Going scream in that Swinger!

-
Back