W2 top end.

-
My econo heads had the built in stands but the original builder milled them off but still used the std. length valves. I replaced the 3/8 valve for 11/32 with longer stems.

The original purple shaft cam was under .500 lift and one of my new cams is .619 so I played it safe with longer valves.

I can't imagine replacing the w2 heads with any popular alloy heads... loose HP to save some weight? Now if you are talking Edelbrock Victor or BA-B1-MC heads that's different but most guys just want to drag along less weight but look the other way when they load up their 275lb. GF....

What head would you use over the W2?

why don't you want to use the W2's? makes no sense to me on why you want to sell what you have and downgrade.

the only head i would use other then W2's is W8/W9

No kiddin. Even if I had a 273, that beeotch would be a W2 273 with valve notches in the top of the bores. lol

I bought the motor for the block, going to build a street able stroker using a 4" crank and rods I have laying around, and t/a heads for my father's AAR that runs in f.a.s.t. I have a 360 I am building for my 64, but I am using a old dick landy blower intake so the oval ports are out. Really have no use for the W2.

I appreciate all the advice guys. Here is the chambers.

IMG_41551.jpg

IMG_41561.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back