W2 with Dual plane intake performance

-

mbaird

mbaird
Reaction score
I sold a W2 M1 dual plane intake to a member but cant remember who it was ... maybe Cpearce ?
Anyway I am eager to find out how it performed .
Anyone else run this combo before ?

I want to know how it effected driveabilty ? Did it kill the top end without adding much to the bottom ? Or did it enhance the bottom without losing much on fhe top ?

@Ckeely Was it you I sold it to ?

I did not get mine from Mbaird, but I do have one and will be installing very soon. I find I am using the car slightly differently than I thought I might, seeing a lot of highway usage. With the 3.23 gears and 4 speed I believe the dual plane might be a better fit. With this swap I am pulling the 950cfm 4150 carb with the Victor W2, replacing with the dual plane and a new AVS2 800. I will post results.

Looking forward to the results.
The combo of high rpm W2s and a dual plane it is hard to guess the results.

Nail biter !

There is one for sale here in Winnipeg… found it while hunting for an Air Gap

I did not get mine from Mbaird, but I do have one and will be installing very soon. I find I am using the car slightly differently than I thought I might, seeing a lot of highway usage. With the 3.23 gears and 4 speed I believe the dual plane might be a better fit. With this swap I am pulling the 950cfm 4150 carb with the Victor W2, replacing with the dual plane and a new AVS2 800. I will post results.
:popcorn:

This is the guy who had it for sale… he has a bunch of stuff listed

47509750-3778-4FE4-ADED-CC810E70D0A6.png

Probably hard to find street results. Were they not intended, possibly, for limited rules dirt track stuff?

I can share my experience with the Mopar Performance W2 dual plane intake manifold. I built my 340 for a street car and initially had a MP M1 single plane intake manifold, with that it made 440HP and 420TQ on an engine dyno (later dyno’d 370 RWHP & 374 RWTQ). I drove it for the year but felt that it didn’t really have a good punch down low and really only woke up around 4K rpm. I wasn’t happy enough and started shopping for a dual plane manifold.
I picked up a new in box MP dual plane intake manifold and put that on last year. I’m personally way happier with the dual plane, right from a low rpm there’s way better throttle response and get up and go and I can’t say that there’s a noticeable drop in power at high rpm. I haven’t had the car on a dyno since swapping out to the dual plane but I for my combo it’s definitely a better fit.

I have one here that I may put back on the stroker motor for dakota
I ran the dual plane on the street for about a year then switched to the indy intake.
Honestly I did not notice much difference between the two with the butt dyno would love to see a dyno comparison though

418 cu
Indy 360-1
Lunati cam 40200734 (went to 733 now)
4.30 gears
Passon hemi overdrive.

I ran the dual plane on the street for about a year then switched to the indy intake.
Honestly I did not notice much difference between the two with the butt dyno would love to see a dyno comparison though

418 cu
Indy 360-1
4.30 gears
Passon hemi overdrive.
How are you liking that cam?

418 cu
Indy 360-1
4.30 gears
Passon hemi overdrive.
Just glancing at your build it sounds like you went for a lot more power than I did and I can see the single plane maybe being a better fit for you. For a quick comparison I did:

.020 over 340
MP dual plane
Racer brown SFT cam - 543 lift & 242/242 duration @ .050
Unported heads
A833 four speed

Last edited:
-
Back