W9 360 talk

-

gagembassett

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Many of you remember my posts when I was going the route of a W2 headed 360 in my D150. I decided to upgrade from a 12:1 W2 360 up to a 13.5:1 W9 360 backed by a Brewers built A833 with a McLeod clutch shifting at 7,000 rpm. I debated for a long time on solid flat tappet vs. a solid roller. I decided on the solid flat tappet route and will be having Jim from Racer Brown grinding the custom cam. My question is what's everyone's recommended brand for solid flat tappet lifters in today's age? I'm always open to input

Many of you remember my posts when I was going the route of a W2 headed 360 in my D150. I decided to upgrade from a 12:1 W2 360 up to a 13.5:1 W9 360 backed by a Brewers built A833 with a McLeod clutch shifting at 7,000 rpm. I debated for a long time on solid flat tappet vs. a solid roller. I decided on the solid flat tappet route and will be having Jim from Racer Brown grinding the custom cam. My question is what's everyone's recommended brand for solid flat tappet lifters in today's age? I'm always open to input

Get them from Jim. Mine came in a white box. I checked every one of them and they all were very nice and had about .002 across the face.

Find some 25+ yr old lifters & have them re-faced. None of the cam companies make their own FT lifters.

-
Back