Want new dash lights ,LED?? & more

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you really pleased with the brightness? I changed all of the bulbs in my Duster standard dash about a year ago to the OE bulbs and it is like driving in a dark room at night with the brightness setting all the way up. I will buy the Sylvania bulbs from O'Reilly and replace them.

Thanks.

I love the brightness of them , if I still had the stock dash in my duster I would put them in. The only drawback is no control of brightness.

I did everything Dan listed a year or so ago, and I am extremely pleased. The tail lights are perfect with the Honda bulbs, got them at NAPA, the reverse lights from Candlepower are 10 times brighter than my original headlights, and the Bosch headlights are amazing- I think the front amber lights are even brighter than the headlights used to be, seriously.
I used to drive around with my high beams on and not only did no one notice, but I did not feel very safe with such poor visibility. The headlights are brighter than my 2000 truck's lights!

When I put the Sylvania bulbs in the dash there was a huge difference, but one end of the dash was still dim, even after I had run a ground wire from the dash to the gauge cluster. Once I ran a ground wire directly to each bulb all of the lights became brighter. If I turn the dimmer down almost all the way, that's how they used to be.

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, but be careful how bright you make your instrument cluster. The light from the dash significantly reduces your ability to see into the distance at night, even though it's usually nowhere near bright enough to cause pain. This is less of an issue in city traffic where there are a bunch of oncoming headlamps, but on dark empty roads, turn those dash lights down!

My Auto meter MCX gauges have LEDs. They came with them brand new. They are bright at night.... so bright it is hard to see. Guess what? You cant dim LEDs. I finally got some resisters installed that dimmed them enough now that they aren't a nuisance. So if ordering LEDs for the dash just keep that in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back