Status
Not open for further replies.

SpeedracerX

Still on this side of the dirt member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Looking to see if anyone has or knows where to get some 10" small bolt pattern front brake drums.. One of the ones on my Dart is bad.. tried the auto part store route and they appear to no longer be available.. need 2 drums.. any help appreciated

let me look in my shed, I think I still have a pair of front drums with the small bolt hubs still in them. If I do, you can have them for 25.00 plus shipping. I'll look tonight when I get home from work.

i just hauled off a set this mornin to the crusher ive been holding on to them for quite awhile but figured ide never use them. dammit!!!!!

i just hauled off a set this mornin to the crusher ive been holding on to them for quite awhile but figured ide never use them. dammit!!!!!

story of my life LMAO... murphy's law in action lol

Sounds like a perfect time for a disc brake upgrade!

That thought had occurred to me.. but now is just not financially the time.. plus I just got the Dart back on the road and dont much want to lay it up again just yet.. figure I have to buy all the parts for the conversion, then new rallyee wheels and centers since I would have to go to big bolt pattern... its just more cost than I can incur at this moment.. cheaper for now for me to find drums...

That thought had occurred to me.. but now is just not financially the time.. plus I just got the Dart back on the road and dont much want to lay it up again just yet.. figure I have to buy all the parts for the conversion, then new rallyee wheels and centers since I would have to go to big bolt pattern... its just more cost than I can incur at this moment.. cheaper for now for me to find drums...
Well you can always get the scarebird conversion or use the stock K-H brake if you want to use the SBP. I think Hemi71X still has a complete bolt in ready setup for sell.

Well you can always get the scarebird conversion or use the stock K-H brake if you want to use the SBP. I think Hemi71X still has a complete bolt in ready setup for sell.

scarebird, k-h brake? more info please LOL .. and regardless, the complete setup is gonna cost more than I can swing right now.. I really am pretty tapped.. plus the Mopar Nationals are fast approaching.. thats mine and the wifes time to escape real life.. she loves going there, we look very much forward to it.. and the Dart is supposed to go this year... so, whatever spare nickels we scrape together I have to try and put towards the trip..... but the swap idea still has my interest peaked.. anyone have some guesstamated prices for me to ponder? lol

I just looked on Rockauto and they have drums but they don't say what the bolt pattern is. Your local NAPA can't get them?

scarebird, k-h brake? more info please LOL .. and regardless, the complete setup is gonna cost more than I can swing right now.. I really am pretty tapped.. plus the Mopar Nationals are fast approaching.. thats mine and the wifes time to escape real life.. she loves going there, we look very much forward to it.. and the Dart is supposed to go this year... so, whatever spare nickels we scrape together I have to try and put towards the trip..... but the swap idea still has my interest peaked.. anyone have some guesstamated prices for me to ponder? lol
Scarebird is an use aftermarket/custom bracket to do the disc brake conversion. The K-H brakes are the original ones offered/equiped to the A Body cars when new. Both use the SBP. But if you're wanting to convert to the BBP, there is a member sell a complete BBP setup.

I got front 10" drums at rockauto. They were cheap ($25 I recall). Look at Centric since they schematics with all dimensions (don't know why others can't). Rear 10" drums must be gold, since people ask $80 for used ones. When I need them, I mightget 4.5" drums and drill new holes.

One member here sells a nicely rebuilt K-H disk setup for ~$775. An easy and correct approach, but parts are scarce now and will probably get worse. Scarebird is a little cheaper. He uses common GM and Toyota parts, but you will forever have to drill rotor holes for 5x4" pattern and you get a simple 1-piston slider caliper. He does have models for 9" drum spindles too. Going BBP adds other complications (dual spares or change rear). I am pondering a custom approach someday. If I only had a milling machine.

Looking to see if anyone has or knows where to get some 10" small bolt pattern front brake drums.. One of the ones on my Dart is bad.. tried the auto part store route and they appear to no longer be available.. need 2 drums.. any help appreciated

I went through this with my 10" rear drums. None in existance until I got the Wagner part number and called my buddy at Oreilly's. There was only 63 American made ones in stock at the Tulsa warehouse. Damn computer had no listing for them!!! That was about three years ago. I get alot of unavailable parts when I give them the part numbers.

If all fails and you still need a set, I have 2 replacements that were on a 273 hypo 64 Barracuda that got T-Boned about a month after a complete front rebuild.All other parts have been sold.They are replacement drums only no hubs.PM if intrested.Irwin ?? I used to live near the turnpike exchange at RT 30.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back