WANTED: A nice mentor in Michigan area

-

maverick

1964 BARRACUDA 273-5sp.
Reaction score
I am a newbie, located in Michigan.
Is there anyone here who is willing to take me under his/her wings for any restoration questions? :sad1:

I would be eternally grateful... :love4:

Feel free to fire away. I'd be happy to help you any way I can. And I'm sure that goes for the majority of the members here.........

Quick question...

I would need the whole dashboard and the dash plate and shifter panel for a 1964 Barracuda.

The HUGE question is:
Does the 1964 Valiant have the same dashboard package as the 1964 Plymouth Barracuda? Does the 64 Valiant also have the same bezels/dash plates/shifter plate, as well?
Attached is the photo that I got from one of an online junk yard websites on the net. I really can't tell whether they are exactly alike. Can I use the dash from the 1964 Valiant?

Can the streering wheel from the 1964 Valiant be used for the 1964 Barracuda? Are the exactly the same???

Please advise. Thank you so much in advance for all your help..

64 VALIANT.jpg

Welcome maverick!
You will find all the help you need here and allot of good follks.
I have to say
that is a nice looking donor car and it is a V8 car to boot. :thumbup:
If that 4 door Valiant was close to me here in northeast Arkansas I would build it.
I am almost certain that your barracuda and the valiant are a match for the parts you need. there are more qualified people here to let use know.
Just give them time.
I use to go to Mich once a year for 8 years and I have not been back for 30 years.
I sure do mis pheasant hunting up there in that beautiful state.
Tell us more about your barracuda, Is it a slant 6 car and did some one cut this stuff out of it to make a race car.
Jump on in and enjoy this great site I call home.

I had to pull out one of my books.... Everything looks the same. The steering wheel was the only thing I saw differant, In my book they show a "sportier" wheel than what's in that Valiant. They should interchange with out any problems. We have alot of early a body guys on here that could comfirm that.

-
Back