Wanted to share with my Mopar family

-

MOPARMAGA

" The other hard member"
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Today I celebrate 10 years clean & sober.
10 years ago I was an under the bridge dwelling ****** addict scumbag.(****** is what I loved the most but did everything I could)
It took a long time to get to that place.
It's a long story to get to where I am now, but I am blessed & grateful.
Anyways thanks fabo for keeping my mind in a good place, except my wife thinks I'm addicted to fabo now lol

10 yrs sober for me, Christmas day

Some friends and I just did an intervention on another friend who almost drank himself to death. He was yellow, and his abdomen was bloated. Yes, terminal chirrosis. the Dr said he has Maybe 18 months. You have to be sober for a year to get on the liver transplant list and then it is a long wait. You do the math.

No Health insurance.
No money.
No quality of life.

Last edited:
Good for you. Never lose faith or your self worth. My father in law was an alcoholic and a cocaine user so i get it. Glad to see you found the way before it was too late. God bless you

Glad to see you took the path to turn your life around for the better. 2 weeks ago a fellow I worked with buried his 25 year son because of his problem with drugs. He exhausted all ways to try and get his son off the problem.

Congratulations, man. You're a strong person.

Wow! That’s awesome. Never let myself get into that situation,something that i can’t even imagine.

Glad to see you took the path to turn your life around for the better. 2 weeks ago a fellow I worked with buried his 25 year son because of his problem with drugs. He exhausted all ways to try and get his son off the problem.
Sorry to hear that, very sad

I can't express the admiration that I have for you. Kicking that was no small feat, and no doubt speaks volumes of the type of person you must be. Congratulations, you should be proud:thumbsup:

Congratulations on your 10 year chip, could not have been an easy road for you, I was very close to someone who was addicted to alcohol and drugs a long time ago and I saw how difficult it was for her to get clean and sober. May your life continue to bring you all of the happiness you have earned.

:thumbsup:

I was lucky to have to the LAW as the wind for my sail during the 1st 11 months with drug court.
Back when Seattle prosecuted drug offenses, I feel sorry for those who are addicted and wanting to change, some of us need that extra pending prison sentence as a push

:thumbsup: 24 years off the alcohol for me.
You made it over the hump, take it one day at a time.
Always keep your chin up.

Congratulations on 10 years! Just like @CFD244 said, you have my utmost respect. Rock on Mopar Brother!

:thumbsup: 24 years off the alcohol for me.
You made it over the hump, take it one day at a time.
Always keep your chin up.
Congratulations on that, I probably wouldn't be here if I didn't swap alcohol for oxycontin 20 years ago

10 yrs sober for me

Some friends and I just did an intervention on another friend who almost drank him self to death. He was yellow, and his abdomen was bloated. Yes, terminal chirrosis.the Dr said he has Maybe 18 months. No Health insurance.
No money.
Toast to your friend

Congratulations Brother! That's a Blessed Improvement! I've Battled some Demons, and have Been Blessed, in many ways, I've lost Everything, more than Once. Pm me sometimes.. Peace

Congratulations on 10 years! Just like @CFD244 said, you have my utmost respect. Rock on Mopar Brother!

I remind people from time to time that people in general have some form of vise. It can range from OCD to ******. It all comes down to which one consumes you and how much. Some worse than others obviously and ****** is right at the top.

Good for you OP. Keep putting the work in. I read in a different thread about your current job. Stick with it and keep learning....

JW

Congratulations on your first 10 years of freedom, and hoping for a clean productive life for you from now on.

-
Back