-
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rassnasty82

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Contact seller
I am going to "slowly" take my time trying to find a good deal on a stroker kit for a 400 to replace my 383. If a good deal presents itself, i will pull trigger and deal with sleeping on the couch for a few months. Looking for recommendations but would like to see close to 500 to the wheels when all is said and done while still be able to drive it around without it over heating or needing race gas. Which brings me to my next point, anyone interested in a extremely nice working 383 bottom end with hydraullic roller cam,,,let me know. If someone is interested in just buying my entire engine setup that would be perfect for a street car or truck, let me know!

not to put a wet rag on your search i just got a 511 low deck get molinar crank and rods icon pistons girdle arp etc on facebook marketplace new in the box for 2g killer deal i recommend you keep an eye open there

You can always stroke the 383 to 496. I’m not sure it is as sexy as saying 505, 512, etc., but I did it in my Demon. 93 octane, 160-180 temps. I don’t dyno anything but the torque alone in just plain fun. I got my set up for $1600 from a machine shop that built th motor for a guy and after hearing it on the run stand his response was that it was more engine than he needed so I bought all the internals.

You can always stroke the 383 to 496. I’m not sure it is as sexy as saying 505, 512, etc., but I did it in my Demon. 93 octane, 160-180 temps. I don’t dyno anything but the torque alone in just plain fun. I got my set up for $1600 from a machine shop that built th motor for a guy and after hearing it on the run stand his response was that it was more engine than he needed so I bought all the internals.
I picked up a 400 block and taking it to the machine shop for prep work soon, will then start buying the pieces to build a 512. I hope to have it finished by June

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back