Watching a YouTube Show about a MOPAR Graveyard and got so irritated I had to turn it off.

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I was looking at some stuff on YouTube and a video called Mopar Graveyard came up. So I started watching it. This guy lives out in the sticks in Missouri, and he has MILLIONS of dollars worth of Mopar cars and parte. Over a hundred cars. Some in Barns and some sitting outside. Hemi cars out the wazoo, convertibles, Hemi convertibles, 440 6 Pack cars, Wow. And some of those ultra rare cars were sitting outside. AND there were THOUSANDS of parts. New parts, Good used parts, hoods, fenders...... I got so irritated looking at all that stuff just rotting away, I stopped watching.
I KNOW it is his stuff, and he can do what he wants with it. But come on!

I was looking at some stuff on YouTube and a video called Mopar Graveyard came up. So I started watching it. This guy lives out in the sticks in Missouri, and he has MILLIONS of dollars worth of Mopar cars and parte. Over a hundred cars. Some in Barns and some sitting outside. Hemi cars out the wazoo, convertibles, Hemi convertibles, 440 6 Pack cars, Wow. And some of those ultra rare cars were sitting outside. AND there were THOUSANDS of parts. New parts, Good used parts, hoods, fenders...... I got so irritated looking at all that stuff just rotting away, I stopped watching.
I live in Missouri and if my memory is correct, the guy lives in catawassi Missouri

Would you rather see it all go through a crusher?
I bet that if he hadn't saved them then that's where at least half of them would have ended up.
It mentions in that video that they went to a yard that was crushing out years ago and saved a bunch of cars and parts.
Maybe next time you should watch the whole video to get the complete story...

You may not like it but he has spent his money and time on these cars. Yeah I know where a bunch of these cars are and I have quite a few of these vehicles. He has every right to do with them as he pleases. Go get some money and buy some of them!

Can you post a link ?

Thanx

I bet that if he hadn't saved them then that's where at least half of them would have ended up.
It mentions in that video that they went to a yard that was crushing out years ago and saved a bunch of cars and parts.
You are probably right, but after seeing all of those valuable Mopars rotting away, I lost interest.
You may not like it but he has spent his money and time on these cars. Yeah I know where a bunch of these cars are and I have quite a few of these vehicles. He has every right to do with them as he pleases. Go get some money and buy some of them!
I believe I DID say that they were his to do with as he wanted!!! That doesn't mean I have to like seeing them rusting away in the elements.
By the way, I would not have to "Go get some money". I am doing fine, thank you. But if I were going to choose, I think I'd try to get the 71 340 4 speed triple black Cuda Convertible. But I'm 72, and I just don't feel like starting another huge project. I'll just continue to enjoy the 69 340 4 speed Barracuda Fastback I've had for over 30 years. That along with my part time little powder coating business and helping others with their car projects or whatever keeps me busy and happy.

If it's the guy that I'm thinking it is, the cars were probably beyond the restorable stage anyway. Not to mention the lack of parts availability.

I agree, the guy can do as he wishes but the situation sucks. The man clearly is a hoarder that will never finish anything. All that potential and it just sits.

I get the impression he knows exactly what is there and what it is worth if it was restored. Problem is I also get the impression that if he did sell anything the price would be way above what it is actually worth before restoration.

Jack

If it's the guy that I'm thinking it is, the cars were probably beyond the restorable stage anyway. Not to mention the lack of parts availability.

They look very restorable. And they are valuable and justify parts prices. There are plenty of parts out there. And this guy has tons of parts too.

most annoying part of the video is the clown doing the recording... all ya have to hope for is when that guy drops dead that the stash won't just get scrapped. looks like at one time he was pretty organized then just turned into a slob throwing crap everywhere.

What stuck out for me was the cars that were customers waiting to be restored
Surrounded by parts sitting there for years untouched
The buildings were some cars and parts were being stored are nice buildings but way to cluttered to do any sort of work
The owner is sitting on a lot of money and valuable parts for sure

Are you gonna buy @stroked340's Duster or is there something wrong with it too?
It's a race car. You guy's act like I should buy just any old thing and I'm not going to do that. I'm looking for what I want and nothing else. If I have to have ac added then that's what I'll do. I'm sure that one will come along before the spring gets here.

that's a hot street car, not a race car.

stop being a Cinderella big shoots and give your imagination a work out.

sell or trade the spool for a more streetable gear set. same on the hi-stall and FMVB. don't like the roll bar? that's what a sawzall is for. dollars to donuts you come out on top selling or trading those parts for something more in line with what you're looking for. and that's easy, straight forward work.

my slice of ham still stands. you ain't getting no car by spring.

sell or trade the spool for a more streetable gear set. same on the hi-stall and FMVB. don't like the roll bar? that's what a sawzall is for. dollars to donuts you come out on top selling or trading those parts for something more in line with what you're looking for. and that's easy, straight forward work.

I think I will

You are probably right, but after seeing all of those valuable Mopars rotting away, I lost interest.

I believe I DID say that they were his to do with as he wanted!!! That doesn't mean I have to like seeing them rusting away in the elements.
By the way, I would not have to "Go get some money". I am doing fine, thank you. But if I were going to choose, I think I'd try to get the 71 340 4 speed triple black Cuda Convertible. But I'm 72, and I just don't feel like starting another huge project. I'll just continue to enjoy the 69 340 4 speed Barracuda Fastback I've had for over 30 years. That along with my part time little powder coating business and helping others with their car projects or whatever keeps me busy and happy.

Then you should be happy to let him do as he pleases. I don’t see anyone here whining about your business. He has spent his time and money as he pleased-just as you have! Which one of you has the right to enforce a number of vehicles another man can own? You guys are worse than a bunch of old women. If you have a stash of cash then go buy them or give him the money to rebuild them. Other than that grow up!!!!

I'll probably have one sooner than later.

I agree, the guy can do as he wishes but the situation sucks. The man clearly is a hoarder that will never finish anything. All that potential and it just sits.
I've passed on cars for that reason, not being a hoarder. I want to finish one before I start another. But its true as we age we think we can do it and we can but we get slower and some days we may or may not give it hell...I dont fault a 60 year old for not having the ambition that they did at 35. Alo tof it is they were young buying them cheap and simply ran out of gas with their plans...

Post #1, I know the people and that BONEYARD, that is what it is!!!!! Boneyard! Just like Stevens, and any other scarce remaining yard. They have always sold any car anyone wants to buy, as a builder or parts car/

If no one repops a part to restore one of our old Mopars, that else is there except finding usuable used parts or fabbing it from scratch. 99% of the old parts are in the hands of enthusiasts, so few yards left and with anything worth having.

Hoarder???? Salvage yard??? Or is it just jealousy? I can go to a car show or a salvage yard or a hoarders den and enjoy any and all. Some of you guys go to a car show to show how hateful you can be. But even worse than that you teach it to your kids. If it is numbers matching you doubt it and try to discredit it. And if it clearly is not and the owner tells you that he couldn’t care less-let it go!!! Don’t want to put your money on the line-don’t *****!

-
Back