Water pump to radiator space?

-

68Cummins

Reaction score
Can you all provide the distance from the tip of your water pump to the face of your radiator?
How much room do you have for fan/s?
I am looking for original small block cars.
Please include what kind of radiator you have and year of car.
Thanks

1967 Dart GT 273 2bbl Convertible. I think the rad is a 2 core but the rear of the rad is flush with the mounting brkt and any additional rows would be forward. I am sure the rad has had the core replaced some time in the last 52 years.

Some of the photos make it look more like 4 1/2 but it is just camera angle.

From Radiator face to the front of the WP pulley between the fan spacer I get 4- 5/8 to 4 3/4

20190202_175134.jpg
20190202_175145.jpg
20190202_175154.jpg
20190202_175209.jpg
20190202_175223.jpg
20190202_175239.jpg

Can you all provide the distance from the tip of your water pump to the face of your radiator?
Thanks
:bs_flag:

All of us ? you want every member on here to go out to their car and measure the space, write down the radiator model number and provide the year and model of our cars.

Maybe you could be a little bit more specific as to exactly what year, model and engine you are looking at, then the rest of us can go back to doing nothing

NO!
I am not asking all members, only those that are willing. You sir are obviously not, you are only willing to be abrasive, please feel free to keep doing nothing.
I also never said “Do it now”, if your in your garage take a look and report at your leisure.
This forum is for a-body info so why not have that info specifically focused on one thing. There are tons of post about fan options but none on this single dimension. So why no know what to expect when doing an radiator upgrade.
I don’t want to be overly specific, I would like to have data spanning different a-body cars. This will help me and Cold-Case radiator with some variables. They are claiming I should have more then 3”. So there for if I am able to build a spreadsheet showing a trend this may help understand different applications.
I have a 66 Barracuda
Thank you 69FBCuda for facilitating me to clarify. I will be sure to be overly wordy, PC, and explain to a “T” my intentions next post I make.
Now that’s settled, back to the question and data.

I put my engine back in tonight just to get this measurement.
1966 Barracuda with Cold-Case radiator (MOP751)
You will have 2 3/4” from the tip of the water pump to the face of the radiator

EFD373E5-F708-4562-97B1-0F695CA654EF.jpeg

Thanks

I have a 68 Dart GTS 340 with a brand new direct fit Cold Case Radiator. I have 4 inches from the fan mounting surface on the water pump to the face of the radiator. Once I mounted the fan and clutch assembly I have about 7/8 of an inch from the clutch face to the radiator face

-
Back