Water Temp Sensor

-

Ron816

Mopar forever
Reaction score
I have a 68 GTS H code 383, can't seem to be able to find the correct water temp sensor
the one I need has a single post like in the first photo, but I need the larger thread size in the second
IMG_0425.jpg
IMG_0426.JPG

You need to go to the hardware store and get a adapter bushing.

I just saw some info that suggests that the temp sender should go into the water pump from the front of the car.
P8230393R.JPG

There are some gm sender's that are 1 post and larger thread, don't know if they would work correctly.

Needs to be a 10 to 70 ohm sender to work right. The 70 could be any number in the 70s or maybe even 80.

3/8 x 1/4 bushing in plumbing isle. Get brass and use teflon tape on bushing and sensor threads.

I have done a few sensors and the tape has not been an issue, based on my experience. The hardest part is getting a good sensor. Unless you are really careful installing, they don’t seem to work. I check them with a meter after installing.

Teflon tape is just a lubricant on the threads like pipe dope. If you have ever taken apart a joint with teflon tape you'll see it is gone. Put a joint together and check the resistance and you'll find there is none. So teflon tape is a cleaner alternative to messy pipe dope.

-
Back