We Lost A Cat Today

-
That sucks, brother.

Good looking cat.

The people that we help feed our "first feral colony" called Sunday to tell us a dog got into their yard and killed one of our favorite cats there- a friendly calico that had previously survived having her neck broken.

Our boy, Vincent we think is having more tooth or mouth issues after having a couple teeth pulled a few months ago.
For the past while he's only been able to eat very, very soft food or gravy/broth and now he's starting to not want to eat even that.
This is the guy that we think is about 15 and just this past 18 months survived two large hawk attacks and thyroid radiation therapy.

On a positive note, my little buddy Mr Orange (12 years old) is almost fully back to being himself after suffering through a 3 week cold.

I don't often make "religious" statements, but bless you two for the caring and compassion you have for these felines.
Their lives are much better because of you.

Some cats can handle being outside. I see them look both ways before crossing roads even. Other cats just run and hope and that's how you get killed. Cars aside, I hear coyotes howling every night and we get hawks and the damn neighbor dogs. My cats are my emotional healers so I give them everything they could dream of as long as they stay inside!

Some cats can handle being outside. I see them look both ways before crossing roads even. Other cats just run and hope and that's how you get killed. Cars aside, I hear coyotes howling every night and we get hawks and the damn neighbor dogs. My cats are my emotional healers so I give them everything they could dream of as long as they stay inside!
Well, truthfully, the car hit thing was not what happened. He was in the ditch beside the road, but he was so torn up, he didn't look like a cat anymore. I didn't let Kitty see him. Something got him and tore him slam to pieces. It breaks my heart to even post about it. There's no way in hell he felt much pain for very long though, thank goodness.

All that said, he did get out and he was off our property, so all bets are off. Nothing we can do. whether it was a coyote, neighbor's dog or whatever, he's gone.

Sucks, man. Prayers for you and yours.

Sorry to hear Rusty. We lost ours to illness about a year ago, and I miss her everyday.

my spiko turned the corner for the better . she came and slept some this morning with me . still sick but getting better . here is an older pic of her on her frog .
DSC00040.JPG

Hi Rob, Sorry to hear about Billy. It's such an awful feeling.

Very sorry that you lost Billy. It's so hard to lose a pet. Usually they are our best friends.

Billy must have gotten out last night and we didn't know it.

Sorry to hear about this, @RustyRatRod . We lost two of our cats in short order recently. Thinks no it’s Bobcats. It was the same situation, we would try to get them in at night but the two boys were excellent hunters and they always wanted to pull all nighters and hunt. They would try to come in first thing in the morning with a kill. We know it is dangerous because coyotes are rampant and there are a lot of owls. We always tried to get them in and would spend half an hour trying to get them inside. They would hide from us so they could stay out. We’re down to be and might be looking for a couple more but right now it’s too soon.

Sorry to hear about this, @RustyRatRod . We lost two of our cats in short order recently. Thinks no it’s Bobcats. It was the same situation, we would try to get them in at night but the two boys were excellent hunters and they always wanted to pull all nighters and hunt. They would try to come in first thing in the morning with a kill. We know it is dangerous because coyotes are rampant and there are a lot of owls. We always tried to get them in and would spend half an hour trying to get them inside. They would hide from us so they could stay out. We’re down to be and might be looking for a couple more but right now it’s too soon.
Thanks man. And then we got assholes in another thread talkin about shootin cats with darts and feedin um antifreeze. I just had to close the thread and walk away or I wouldda got banned. Awful sorry for your losses.

We'll lose Clyde, I'm fraid if we caint get him to acclimate to bein an inside only cat. He slap pitches a FIT to go back out after a while.

Thanks man. And then we got assholes in another thread talkin about shootin cats with darts and feedin um antifreeze. I just had to close the thread and walk away or I wouldda got banned. Awful sorry for your losses.

We'll lose Clyde, I'm fraid if we caint get him to acclimate to bein an inside only cat. He slap pitches a FIT to go back out after a while.

The one we have left will be laying on the couch when I go to work and he’ll be in the cleaner spot when I come home. Then he pitches a fit to go out at 9 pm.
I’d hate to lose him because he really helps us out with how many mice he kills and keeps our garden free of bunnies and gophers.
I’ll be doing some predator hunting soon.

The one we have left will be laying on the couch when I go to work and he’ll be in the cleaner spot when I come home. Then he pitches a fit to go out at 9 pm.
I’d hate to lose him because he really helps us out with how many mice he kills and keeps our garden free of bunnies and gophers.
I’ll be doing some predator hunting soon.
Hell yeah. They earn their keep, despite seemin like they sleep 23 hours a day. lol

I can identify with finding Billy in rough condition. I saved a kitten, Yoda, who had been tossed out a window on a 50MPH road. I had him for a year but his spirit was no good with being an indoor cat. Despite all my efforts, he had to go outside. That worked OK until it didn't. He went out one day and never came back. We found a sad Yoda-colored pile of fur in the yard, I suspect a coyote or bobcat got him. Terribly sad, he was a live wire. RIP, Yoda. You deserved better in life. And RIP, Billy.

yoda2.jpg

Sorry to hear Clyde is not having a smooth transition to RustyLand. What could be better for a cat than RustyLand? My Clyde-Twin, Gaston, was in a terrible way recently. He was the on-and-off visitor at my sweetie's place. Then one day he showed up looking like death warmed over. We caught him and took him to the emergency vets since my regular vet is so busy they couldn't get him in for weeks. A thousand bucks later, he's somewhat better but not good - he has FIV. Sweetie lives in town, I'm nearby but more rural so we relocate Gaston to my house where there won't be so much conflict with other cats. Gaston isn't fixed but if I can get my hands on him he will be. And he will get all his shots. Now, I haven't seen him in two days. Just like Motel 6, we'll keep the light on for him. This stuff is hard to watch sometimes, just wanting the critters to have a good go at life.

gaston.jpg

Awful sorry about Yoda. Yeah, it hurt bad to find Billy like that. I hope Gaston improves. They have treatments for it, but most of it ain't cheap.

Thanks yall. It's especially hard, since we have no friends in people locally. No one ever comes by for a visit. We've jokes with each other that if something happened to us both at the same time, we wouldn't be found for weeks and it's true. My friend Terius would probably be the one to find us. I have a sister 25 minutes away in Macon and they have been out here ONCE in the twenty years we've been out here. We go there several times a year. I'm glad the cats at least love us.
Wow Man.... I'm Sure More of Us Love Y'all than Y'all BOTH Know, Brother Rob!

Sad to hear.... :(

It's always tougher when they don't die of natural causes like old age...

Last edited:
fricking cretins

-
Back