Wednesday webinar

-

yellow rose

Overnight Sensation
Reaction score
Here is one you do NOT want to miss. Darin Morgan, formerly with Reher and Morrison, now with Mast Motorsports will be giving the webinar.

This is worth your time if horsepower is what you like and if you want to know how someone at his level is doing it. Take notes.

I listened to a webinar gave about a year ago and it was FANTASTIC. This one should be just as good.

Induction System Flow Characteristics Webinar

I’m going to turn in a couple of questions so maybe he will answer them.

Please send out a reminder. I will forget. Thanks for posting these. I missed the last one but went back and listened. Well worth it.

Please send out a reminder. I will forget. Thanks for posting these. I missed the last one but went back and listened. Well worth it.

Will do. I’ll post a reminder here Wednesday morning. You can’t pay for stuff like this. Even if you only learn ONE THING (which I can’t imagine...this guy is very intelligent and his records and accomplishments speak for themselves) it is still worth watching.

I will listen to this one many times, because it’s like trying to get a drink from a firehouse. You get what you can without drowning, and then come back and get a bit more.

Yea Darin Morgan is a smart dude. I will be in absorb mode. I had no idea he was at mast motorsports now.

Just got the GoToWebinar app so my calendar is updated and I won’t miss them from now on. @yellow rose What questions did you submit?

Are these available for future reference, ie. youtube? Induction design is high on my list of things to know more about.

Just got the GoToWebinar app so my calendar is updated and I won’t miss them from now on. @yellow rose What questions did you submit?

I asked him to spend some time covering surface finish not only in the intake manifold but the intake and exhaust ports and combustion chambers and what differences there would be between carb and EFI applications.

10-4 good buddy! I got a zoom meeting at 0800 today and then usually a full day of work....Ill check it out tonight.

I asked him to spend some time covering surface finish not only in the intake manifold but the intake and exhaust ports and combustion chambers and what differences there would be between carb and EFI applications.
I'm guessing smooth for dry (port induction) EFI and exhaust and 'as cast' textured for wet carb, whats your take?

Thanks. I’m hoping for a little wet flow vs dry flow stuff and runner length discussion. Like I said earlier, absorb mode.

Had to log out but if you’re a cylinder head guy you need to be listening to this webinar.

That was FANTASTIC. Darin answered every question that came in. Didn’t know he split with Mast but evidently he left there. Whoever lands this guy will get their money’s worth.

I'm guessing smooth for dry (port induction) EFI and exhaust and 'as cast' textured for wet carb, whats your take?

You’ll need to listen to it for the full answer but the short of it is you can’t get the ports too rough on the intake side, carb or EFI, and the EFI being rough from 3 inches ABOVE the injector to the valve. Above 3 inches above the EFI injector you can smooth it out.

I know from testing mechanical FI that moving the nozzle UP away from the valve was a power maker, but you lost a small bit of idle quality. You could usually make that up with using a higher idle check pressure. So I would think EFI and injector placement wouldn’t be any different.

I think it’s worth noting that Morgan agrees with guys like Larry Meaux and Chad Speier that even the as cast finish isn’t rough enough.

So as FUGLY as it is, and it is...burr finish for me. The question is can I get the right burr finish, because Darin did quickly say it had to be done right. What that means he didn’t say, and I’m not smart enough to have asked that as part of my question.

LOL...me too. That’s why I’ll listen to that one over and over, maybe a dozen times. I can’t write that fast and make it make sense when I read it back to myself.

It started at 11:00 here, so my wife had my lunch ready at 10:30. My brain empties at the same rate as my stomach, so I needed some food before it started!

I plan on watching again too.

His technical descriptions were not muddied up with too much theory. He got right to the point and said this works and we proved it, that does not work and we proved it, etc.
This time very well spent.

Well I know I'm not a dummy, but I can't find it ! Had to drive over to commie land today for work

Well I know I'm not a dummy, but I can't find it ! Had to drive over to commie land today for work

PERA.org will get you to the website. Then you have to find the webinar link and it will take you to the page that had 8 pages of webinars on it. Darin Morgan did a different webinar in December 2019 and it’s worth listening to, plus a ton of other webinars on there are too good not to learn from.

Today’s webinar should be posted by Friday at the above web address. It’s definitely worth the time to listen to. That guy can related to a grape. If he ever does the induction school again my fat arse is going, even have to hoard pain dope and drive there.

BTW, I’m sorry you are still going to that festering sewer. Hopefully soon you’ll never have to go back there and it can just rot away.

PERA.org will get you to the website. Then you have to find the webinar link and it will take you to the page that had 8 pages of webinars on it. Darin Morgan did a different webinar in December 2019 and it’s worth listening to, plus a ton of other webinars on there are too good not to learn from.

Today’s webinar should be posted by Friday at the above web address. It’s definitely worth the time to listen to. That guy can related to a grape. If he ever does the induction school again my fat arse is going, even have to hoard pain dope and drive there.

BTW, I’m sorry you are still going to that festering sewer. Hopefully soon you’ll never have to go back there and it can just rot away.
Reading your last paragraph just made my week ! Thank you kindly.

-
Back