Weiand Action Plus vs Edelbrock LD4B

-

xLURKxDOGx

"An angel fat, at satan's feast"
Reaction score
Looking for Opinions on what intake is better for a 4 speed 360 Magnum .20 over, EQ heads with 220/228 498/512 cam. I have the action plus now and found a good price on the ld4b but wondering if it’s a step backwards from what I have now.

Thanks,
Jake

Isnt the Action plus the old "Stealth" intake? I thought those were the top -o- the heap before the RPM air-gap came out? I believe the action plus will have a larger plenum volume for better top end.

The Action Plus was produced first by many years and has a spreadbore carb pad. The Stealth was an upgraded (?) mod to the AP by filling in the spreadbore to a squarebore. Inside the plenum looks like it may have been filled in. I’m not sure. I can only go by the pictures Weiand shows of the AP and the Stealth below.
D7BF94D0-B4CB-4F62-9FDB-0B439FF52BE3.jpeg

I don't know about the Action Plus but my Stealth came with 318 sized ports that you could feel it taper down inside the port.

I would think the LD4B ports would be too small for 360? Other wit mo smarts will chime in.
What a smaller port size will do is a multi fold issue.
The smaller port window and runner will increase the intake charge speed. (Velocity) This Leeds to a crisper throttle response. A ever so slighter leaned jetting, better fuel economy.

The draw back is a limitation on max power in the upper RPM range. The amount of HP loss is a wide and varied thing since your now comparing intake manifolds and engine builds.

If your out for maximum HP & TQ., the RPM-AG IS the best street, street/strip intake currently available and it should be ported to the max. Otherwise, you’ll be just fine with any reasonable intake up top in there as fast condition.

However! Far be it from me that I should dissuade you from going that route to maximize your build!

Thanks for the info, the action plus has the spreadbore shape formed in to the top of the intake opening. I was not sure if this would match the tq carb. The top of the eddy performer has simaler shape but the spec sheet says it wont take a tq with out an adapter. Just wanted to see if yourself or anyone had run a tq on an ap.......Mark....

The LD4B is a 273/318 intake with small ports. Just sayin'

-
Back