memike

Super Moderator
Staff member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I Just wanted to share the info I got this week end
A good friend owns a seed co.
And there scales are on the money.
My 1966 Valiant 100 sedan hit the scales at 2.774 lbs.
with 3/4 tank of gas about 10 gal of gas, spare tire, Jack, small set of hand tools and my box of original ingnition system and a cooler with one bag of ice and 9 sprite's in it.

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 007.jpg

vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv 017.jpg

Wow, that's pretty light. I think my Duster has about 500 lbs on it.

Yep !! Thant sounds about right Rob.
I was tickled to get a good reading of just how many lbs was on the four tires. I know that these scalls are very very close to perfect for there seed co. and get checked 1/4ly. I am getting 23 mpg with the new ingnition in and is running very smooth.
Victoria is slim and trim.:-D

Yes, she's very slim and trim and pretty too :-D Really happy to hear you're enjoying her so much. :toothy10:

I actually started working on mine a bit, got new wheel cylinders and shoes for it and did a tune up, still runs like crap. Not sure what's up with that, it never used to, next is to change the points and condesor and see if that helps :dontknow:

Yes, she's very slim and trim and pretty too :-D Really happy to hear you're enjoying her so much. :toothy10:

I actually started working on mine a bit, got new wheel cylinders and shoes for it and did a tune up, still runs like crap. Not sure what's up with that, it never used to, next is to change the points and condesor and see if that helps :dontknow:

How many miles on your distributor ?
Maybe the points and condesor will help.:cheers:

How many miles on your distributor ?
Maybe the points and condesor will help.:cheers:

I have no idea actually, it's a /6 and it wasn't until I did this tune up that I found out it wasn't the original motor, I bought plugs and they were a totally different size. The car is a 70 and the motor a 75 or 76 I think so no way of telling the mileage.

It's been sitting for a while, ran fine before. I just wanted to get it road worthy so I could take it up to the cabin and leave it there to play with. I have a 360 to put in it one day but I'm too busy with other stuff right now. :angry7:

Thats why it doesn't take much to make an early A body very fast. Cool picture memike. Got my cuda weighed thanks to a friend at the landfill last year & with 340 engine,1/2 tank of gas & my 220lb butt she weighed 3136 lbs.

Oldschoolcuda

Thats why it doesn't take much to make an early A body very fast. Cool picture memike. Got my cuda weighed thanks to a friend at the landfill last year & with 340 engine,1/2 tank of gas & my 220lb butt she weighed 3136 lbs.

Oldschoolcuda

I bet your barracuda moves great!! my 170/ when I mat it in third gear at 45mph really gets to 75 quickly.
I have never dumped the clutch on her but I have matted it in second gear on the gravel to check out the rear end and I get tire spin on booth tires.

Thats light, my duster is partially stripped out and still weighed in at 3420 with1/4 tank and me in it!

Thats light, my duster is partially stripped out and still weighed in at 3420 with1/4 tank and me in it!

Do you have a close up shot of your carb ?
I would like to see how you have it setting, Thanks.8)

That's 488# lighter than my car. Do you have a front/rear weight? Here's mine:

'64 GT Dart, 273/904, manual steering and brakes with AC and about 1/3 tank of gas.

Without me
FL:932 FR:960
RL:698 RR:672

1892 front / 1370 rear
3262 total
58% front 42% rear

With me
FL:986 FR:976
RL:732 RR:688

1962 front / 1482 rear
3382 total
58% front 42% rear

That's 488# lighter than my car. Do you have a front/rear weight? Here's mine:

'64 GT Dart, 273/904, manual steering and brakes with AC and about 1/3 tank of gas.

Without me
FL:932 FR:960
RL:698 RR:672

1892 front / 1370 rear
3262 total
58% front 42% rear

With me
FL:986 FR:976
RL:732 RR:688

1962 front / 1482 rear
3382 total
58% front 42% rear

Not sure !! I will look.

My '65 Dart 270 2dr sedan weighs exactly 3080. It has a completely stock 273 and 904, eight point mild steel rollbar setup, connected frame rails, 8 3/4, SS springs. It has been mini tubbed, rear seat removed, heater and radio removed, all undercoating removed, 16 gallon fuel cell replaces gas tank, no headliner or carpet (yet), wildwood disk brakes, aluminum master cylinder, dual 2" exhaust, car is all steel and has all factory glass.

heck i need to put my fish on a diet,,,,i weighed it at a scrap yard,,i dont think i was in it,, 3500 on the nut,,,

OK am I the only one that found this story fishy????.................................................

We all know it was not Sprite in the cooler!!!!!:drinkers:

The original 1966 Road and Track Magazine article on the 1966 Barracuda "Formula S" says the factory weight was 3280 pounds. This of course was with steel 14 inch wheels/hubcaps, bias ply tires, 904 automatic transmission, 2 into 1 exhaust, and the 273 Commando V8.

Another magazine (I can't remember the name of the magazine) had an article that was titled "The 3200 Pound Fish."

I'm running an aluminum intake, lightweight headers, and rallye wheels, but I installed dual exhausts, cutouts and H-pipe so I'm guessing I'm right around the original factory listed weight.

A few people have asked me how much the car weighs.... I simply answer them by telling them "It's a 3200 pound fish......"

my dart weighs 3255 with me in it. 360 with aluminum heads,intake,wilwood front brakes and i took all the undercoating off of it.it does still have all the interior and heater.

Do you guys know whether a state weight station on an interstate highway could weigh our cars? Are those scales accurate?

That's what I did. Just stop at a truck scale along the hiway when its not open. The computer monitors are usually left on. My 66 Barracuda weighed 3050 with 360, 904.

66 Cuda 3.jpg

OK am I the only one that found this story fishy????.................................................

We all know it was not Sprite in the cooler!!!!!:drinkers:

I was wondering who would catch that first :-D

That's what I did. Just stop at a truck scale along the hiway when its not open. The computer monitors are usually left on. My 66 Barracuda weighed 3050 with 360, 904.

That sounds about right with the extra glass and V8 and auto 904.:-D

-
Back