weighed my 72 dart

-

daves 72 dart

Reaction score
i got my dart weighed. it weighed in at 2915 and with me in it it was 3092.im not done i still need to get a fibergass hood abd bumpers.can you guys tell me how much weight the fiberglass hood and bumpers will cut on weight?thanks

what have you took off or done to the car to get it to that weight??? i have 1 (72 dart swinger) and was told it would be alot heavier then my 70 duser it 3200 small block with me init..

WOW! Thats real light. My 70 Dart was 3330 pounds with a full tank of gas and a full size rally spare tire in the trunk. Sence then I have got it down to 3250 pounds.

Glass bumpers should shave about 30 pounds. Sence you are going glass you could just run the inner bumper mounts on the front for a loss of another 3 pounds or so each and drill holes in the inside mounts and the rear ones two.

Don't know about the hood. Depends on if you are going bolt on or lift off. But I would think around 30/40 pounds or so.

Attachments

• bumper brackets.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 699
  • bumper brackets 2.jpg
    140.7 KB · Views: 688
My 71 Swinger hood was 60.5 lbs and my fiberglass hood with scoop is 27.5 lbs. Front bumper with brackets was 30 lbs, fiberglass 3 lbs.Rear bumber with lights and brackets 63 lbs fiberglass 10.5 lbs

I weighed my 74 duster the other day came out 3020lbs without me

That is:
Slant 6
Manual steering
AC compressor removed
Heavy azz bumpers replaced with 73 models
Full Sized spare
and 1/2 tank of gas

I was exremely suprised, i expected atleast 3200

I'm hoping that when i swap to a v8 i can keep it around the same weight

Our (LOL) 71 Dart with fiberglass hood, trunk lid, fiberglass front and rear bumper with fiberglass brackets....and fiberglass valence..(got a deal on it)...

the car only has 1 racing seat in it..plus aluminum heads,,, weighted in at 2920 with my daughter in it....she probably weights around 120...

I will probably remove the rear glass and regulators.....and replace that with lexan...those are suppose to be about 25 lbs each....

it does have an eight point roll bar with subframes ties....ladder bars and coil overs...

i took the heater out and everything under the dash,2 race seats,no back seats,took the gasstank out and put in a fuel cell. i was shocked how light it is.we weighed it 2 times.

i took the heater out and everything under the dash,2 race seats,no back seats,took the gasstank out and put in a fuel cell. i was shocked how light it is.we weighed it 2 times.

Do you have frame connectors or a roll bar?

yes it has a 12 point and frame connectors.a lot of the inner fenderwells are cut out.i think the person that i got it from took out some braces in the doors but the windows still work. i have not took the door panels off to look.

My 73 Dart bumpers front weighed 75 lbs and rear weighed 70 lbs i replaced with fiberglass which were bout 13lbs each and made my own chromemoly brackets, hood weighed almost 70lbs, glass pin on hood weighed 15lbs, oh ya the glass doors are a big weight savins too.

glass doors are a big weight savins too.

Ya they are or even just gutting the stock doors and running lexan windown will shave around 30LB per door then you can drill the door hinges and shave about another 1.5 pounds.

Attachments

• 100_4909.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 485
  • 100_4910.jpg
    95.5 KB · Views: 484
My 62 Valiant weighs 2355 with me in it,no fiberglass but lots of holes and aluminum.Guzzi Mark

My Dart swinger weighed 2960 with me in it.2800 w/o me.I have an all glass frontend.Bolt on AAR hood with light weight springs.I have all original glass with stock rear bumper.This is a BB car.Ladder bars QA1 shocks.Mini tubbed.8 pt.CM rollbar.I have Wilwood brakes up front drums in back.I was surprised how light it was.I run M/T rims and tires.Backs are 8 in. rims.No tubes.Those rims are light.I still retain 90% of my inner fenderwells.I use ProPart headers so the holes in fenderwells are small.No lexan for me cause I like rolling up my windows.A very low maintenance car.

are the /6 dart /duster on the light side to start with?????

-
Back