Weight of 8 3/4 Drum to drum?

-

Dana67Dart

The parts you don't add don't cause you no trouble
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Any one know the weight of an A-Body 8 3/4 rear end drum to drum with 3rd member?

I estimate about 80 lbs for the pig, 40 lbs for the housing and 30-35 lbs each for loaded brakes including the drum. Someone who has actually weighted a complete unit is sure to chime in

Would really like to hear form anyone who has shipped an 8 3/4 drum to drum and just housing as to cost and method. I have a unit lined up but not sure of cheapest / best way to ship. For price of unit full assy vs housing only is not too different just weight will go up hugely so I assume shipping will also go up from $50-$60 for housing only to $100 - $300 for drum to drum.

If you have a Fastenal near you, I believe they ship large packages all the time.

Shipping weight on my stamped housing/complete 8.75 with disks, fluid and some hardware was 326lbs...that included the wooden crate.

Didn't someone post a bunch of axle weights on here a while back? Seems that had 6-7 axles that they had weighed.

If I knew how to use the search function I may be able to find it.

Just for reference.

Got a price from Fastenal of $189 from Washington state to Colorado for complete assy drum to drum, estimating 250 Lbs.
Talked to Dr Diff, Cass didn't offer up pricing but says they ship 8 3/4 in pieces via Fedex Ground.

Didn't someone post a bunch of axle weights on here a while back? Seems that had 6-7 axles that they had weighed
Looked and did not find specifics just a bunch of approximations and one actual weight of a 7 1/4 which seemed too light. Ill look more tonight.

Hard to believe that someone has not shipped an assy recently which would answer the question.

A 1969 barracuda 8 3/4 with SG: complete drum to drum with EB cables, u bolts & plate, big yoke, no lube, and factory drums weighs ~202 lbs. The SG meatball itself weighs 78 lbs.

-
Back