Well, I bit the bullet and placed my order.....

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
AlterKtion full suspension system!!!!!!!!!!!
Spoke with Bill over there....great guy!

But...........12 week lead time.....ugh.
Oh well, I have lots of other stuff to work on while I'm waiting!

Jeff

I've been wanting one of those for years. I just can't justify the cost. If I drove my car a LOT more, I'd do it, but for a casual cruiser, mine is OK. That being said, I have heard they make your car drive like a new, modern car. Take lots of pictures during the installation for us. Also, if you find any errors or hard to understand parts in the instructions, make sure and document them for us. The instructions for my Classic Auto AC system were DOG CRAP.

So this will do away with torsion bars and give you gobs of exhaust room, right?

Wow, you are doing an extreme makeover !!! Nice
Yes....
Still need to order my Edelbrock ProFlow 4, Gear Vendors Overdrive, Vintage air, wheels and tires, cooling system, interior. ...etc...all while waiting for Brian at IMM Engines to finish up my 392!

Gonna be busy!

Jeff

Last edited:
I can vouch for the more exhaust room & the rear suspension eliminating the leaf springs. My good friend who is also my employer, has this set up on his 69 340 Dart GTS, front & rear. This car will be awesome when it's finished, both straight line & handling wise.

You'll want the 1 7/8" header from TTi. It is 340BE. Us the B/E body header and not the A-body header.

You could also ask some drag racers with motor plates what they use for headers.

Bria and Fred will tell you 1 7/8" is the way to go. Did they tell you a date on it's completion?

Jeff

you are going to love it... its the best ad most proven out there right now.

You'll want the 1 7/8" header from TTi. It is 340BE. Us the B/E body header and not the A-body header.

You could also ask some drag racers with motor plates what they use for headers.

Bria and Fred will tell you 1 7/8" is the way to go. Did they tell you a date on it's completion?
Yes...."early August"......which isn't too far away now!!!!
Why that header? Just flows better? No fitment issues with the Alterkation setup?

Jeff

The 340 A-body header has to navigate the torsion bar.with a coil over suspension you don’t need the unnecessary bend for the rear header primary. The #7 on the B/E body tube is straighter.

Jeff
When you say "Full", do you mean front and rear? I've heard that doing front and rear both makes an AMAZING difference. Also, are you going with 17" wheels?

When you say "Full", do you mean front and rear? I've heard that doing front and rear both makes an AMAZING difference. Also, are you going with 17" wheels?
The rear (for now) is only getting the Wilwood rear disk brake conversion. ......keeping the leaf springs for now.....
18" Cragers in front, 18" or maybe 19" in the back.....
Any bigger and it would start to look ethnic. ....lol

Jeff

figured out a wheel width and back space yet?
No!
And I totally need help with that....I don't understand the whole "bac spacing" thing yet.....
I do know I'm gonna need some meats on the rear with a 392 stroker. ...
Up front I'd like at least 8" wide.....

Jeff

-
Back