Well, that added up quickly...

-

Jim Lusk

Reaction score
Decided to check the Legendary prices for interior/top/boot for my '67 Barracuda convertible. Found out that they were having a sale (20% off stuff they make, 5% on anything else) and mostly free shipping over $1,999...So, I checked the prices for interior stuff I need for the GTS convertible. Nearly $3k later, order placed. Not sure how long it will take for the upholstery to get here, but it's on the way.
Upholstery kits - both cars
Seat foam - both cars
Convertible boots - both cars
Top - Barracuda
Carpet - Barracuda

AND, the car is at my buddy's place to get the quarter patches and trunk drops installed...

Yep been there. Went to their shop to get 72 buckets re-done. You will not be disappointed with their stuff. The wait might be awhile though .

Hi Jim

So, I assume you are no longer interested in the carpet I pulled out of my convertible? That's fine, my wife wants me to clean out the carport... Seriously, I think you made the right call — if you are going to the trouble of a full build, do it right.

Hi Jim

So, I assume you are no longer interested in the carpet I pulled out of my convertible? That's fine, my wife wants me to clean out the carport... Seriously, I think you made the right call — if you are going to the trouble of a full build, do it right.

Max, To be honest I had totally forgot about it. After talking to Ed (Wogulus - E-body parts and restoration) he convinced me that I wouldn't be happy with the '67 dark blue with as dark as I'm painting the car. I also decided to go against my lifelong avoidance of white seats, as well. Just to break up the blue and figuring that I wouldn't get close enough to the midnight blue to be happy with it anyway.

It’s only money. You can’t take it with you.

Nope. Over the next couple of years the money was going to be spent anyway. With the discounts right now it just made sense. Plus, I'm working again through the end of the year...

Ya that's about right. You can figure about $1000 per car for front and rear upholstery and seat foam. Just the cost of doing business. LOL

Ya that's about right. You can figure about $1000 per car for front and rear upholstery and seat foam. Just the cost of doing business. LOL

Yup, the GTS is a little more expensive for the upholstery than the Barracuda. Likely due to the complexity of the upholstery. Last time we did the GTS was 35 years ago (Motor City Originals). First '68 convertible they had done. Back seat was patterned off of our original.

I purchased seat upholstery and the installation kits for $1200 during one of their sales. Was a deal I think. What you don't want is your car done and the interior looks like crap because of inferior products. I am a stickler for a nice interior though, Ill buy a car with bad paint and a clean interior, but I cant do other way around...

$3000

Better than $3600.

Right?

AND, for an added bonus I used our new Capitol One credit card (we're going to be spending a lot on the house this year so I figured a cash back card would be nice to have). Got another $200 bonus on top of the $44 and change for a "large purchase". My son said that is good for the first three months or something. Now to wait for my parts...

-
Back