well.....

-
Hello:

Just jumpin' in to say howdy. My "project" is a '72 swinger, pretty fair shape really, just well "used". A lot of TLC will help I would hope.

SW Washington, not far from Astoria. I've obtained a running 392, the old 375 hp version, with the dual fours, dual point ignition and a solid lift camshaft, '57 version. I drove the thing into my garage, before pulling it and placing it on the engine stand. Ran great, but plans are to tear it down, refresh everything, up the cam some etc.

It'll be a two year project, if all goes well, and I don't run out of money. I'd like to keep some record with photographs etc. as I move along, if anyone is interested.

Bob

Hi guys.I'll chime in here.I posted on the old board,but this is the first time I've seen this new board.I've been gone awhile.I noticed none of the pics I posted on the old board made it to this one.Guess I'll have to reload em.

So far just the fan. If any one has a decent set of chrome valve covers for a 318, a dual-plane 4 barrel intake and small 4-barrel carb, or a dressy air cleaner for sale I'd be interested. I'd like to dress my good running SB up while I build up the warchest for a suspension re-build.

Also, forgive my typing.

davedart73 said:
So far just the fan. If any one has a decent set of chrome valve covers for a 318, a dual-plane 4 barrel intake and small 4-barrel carb, or a dressy air cleaner for sale I'd be interested. I'd like to dress my good running SB up while I build up the warchest for a suspension re-build.

Also, forgive my typing.

dont bother with chrome or aluminum valve covers... they leak (a tleast most of em) i have a set of edlebrocks on my 68 and they have leaked since day one. as for the rest i dont have any that are for sale.. all mine are in use. but about 600CFM is all i would go unless you slam in a cam that needs more.

tieping??? whats that??? :supz:

I guess I'm just left out from all the regions- in MT but you guys are the closest to me so I guess I'm here too! :drinkers:

FYI- I used Mcguire's 3-step Deep Crystal system to restore the luster on my Dart's weathered paint. The stuff is fantastic. Downside is you need to go over the car 3-times, but it's worth it. Runs about 25 bucks for the paint cleaner, polish and carnuba, but i can get another couple of years out of a decent clear-coat respray.

davedart73 said:
FYI- I used Mcguire's 3-step Deep Crystal system to restore the luster on my Dart's weathered paint. The stuff is fantastic. Downside is you need to go over the car 3-times, but it's worth it. Runs about 25 bucks for the paint cleaner, polish and carnuba, but i can get another couple of years out of a decent clear-coat respray.

of course it worked great! its meguires!! i have been using the stuff for ever.

I've used mostly Eagle 1 and Mother's in the past, Only previous experience w/ McGuire's was their leather care on a '98 cobra i used to have.

B.C. dropping by to say hi. I'll drink with you guys :drinkers: maybe even one more :drinkers:

pic4.JPG

Im in Newcastle, WA just off 405, but was raised in Hansville and Port Orchard.

73 scamp with a 360/727/3 inch sidepipes
72 scamp plumcrazy 225/4bbl/headers/904 ...this one is hers.
53 merc pick up with a 400 mopar
27 T thats getting a 360 with a duel tunnel ram

Don't always think to check this list when I'm on, but thought I ought to say hi too. I'm in Shelton...about 25 miles SW of Olympia.

I have a '68 Fastback Barracuda that needs a lot of help!

I'm also a licensed professional pyrotechnician, so in exchange for help with my car, I can offer the best seat for a fireworks show that you'll ever get! :grin:

lP7040004copy.jpg

Jay

-
Back