Went for a cruise today. Now I need an rear bumper!

-

MOPAROFFICIAL

Oogliboogli
Reaction score
Went to a car show, rebuilt a carb on a van in the parking lot, ran good...so i went and got some lunch and after eating got on the freeway to head home... after I blast up the on ramp and make my way to the fast lane, a moment later I notice a black kia change lanes and gets behind me.... too close....now as I say to myself 'she's too fkn close'...traffic slows hard.........this ***** locks'em up and slides right into my bumper... i see her coming and screeching tires.....i took it out of gear and let off the brake....
Need a new rear bumper, maybe brackets, exhaust shoved forward, now I have header flange leak or crack in the headers. Engine is solid mount...so no give, exhaust took it hard.
Her car was smashed, she said she was sorry and was looking at her navigation when she locked it up. The car is 6 years older than her...
Could have been worse had I been on the brakes or in gear, but man... I hate people.

20180317_161507.jpg

20180317_161553.jpg

Last edited:
That sucks! I think I will change your thread title if you don't mind. Something like "went for a cruise today now I need a new rear bumper. " That should get you some parts fast!

That sucks. Happened to me a few years ago. Yea people are A$$holes and don't look while they drive at all!

Sucks that happened. Can you go after her insurance to pay for it?
Oh yea, that's what's happening. Got a claim started, pics of all her info and licence.

I know how they work though, they might say the parts are obsolete so we will give you blue book for the title... and I'll tell them see ya in court.

I feel for ya, I had a black TX9 AAR, I got it in my senior year of high school 1976, it had 12000 miles on it. I sold it in 2008 25000 miles and it had been hit 12 times, and in every panel. I even parked it for 8 years one time because every time I took it out it got hit. So I sold it before it got totaled. It was definitely cursed.

Oh yea, that's what's happening. Got a claim started, pics of all her info and licence.

I know how they work though, they might say the parts are obsolete so we will give you blue book for the title... and I'll tell them see ya in court.
Go Get em!

It's not that bad though, it would be ridiculous of'em to go that route of think.
I just want replaced exhaust,headers, bumper and the labor it takes to do it all.

Too many people are distracted when driving now days... :steering: :elmer:

It sucks when their ignorance causes damage to your car.... :mad: :mad: :mad: :mob: :mob: :mob:

However, your car took it much better than hers....

Last edited:
I'd send the bumper to a quality chrome shop and send the trim to a quality trim shop and send them the bill.
They are both well in the save range.

I was very happy with the quality of Vern's Chrome Platting in Gardena.

Alan

I'd send the bumper to a quality chrome shop and send the trim to a quality trim shop and send them the bill.
They are both well in the save range.

I was very happy with the quality of Vern's Chrome Platting in Gardena.

Alan
Good to know, I'll give them a call, thank you.

Make sure they pay for everything, and don't let the insurance company tell you that's all they can pay, it's bull.

Was just looking at a straight bumper on a fury today. Went to go help get it running.he just sold it.needed to drive it onto trailer.

Sorry you got hit,that sucks.
Happened to a buddy in his impala, guy hit him pretty hard too. Insurance covered every penny.

Here's where...

20180317_174712.jpg

20180317_175849.jpg

I clearanced that side and only had a fingers gap between the cross member and 3" pipe, it bent the center some too. Header is bent downward, probably undo it all ...but if better leave it for insurance to estimate.

I would make sure that her insurance pays for it all...inconvenience included. "My lawyer" is dealing with the same issue you have. I was hit by a Mail Truck, that came barreling out of a parking lot and the mailman said he never saw me. The whole thing messed up a "year in the planning" vacation, along with three months of physical therapy.

Last edited:
-
Back