Went to Kindig today—-

-

DesertRat

Leading edge boomer
Reaction score
In celebration of the 23rd anniversary of my 50th birthday we drove from Moses Lake to Salt Lake and toured the Kindig facility.
F640D743-629A-4C60-8A0D-4B6C58252EFC.jpeg

View attachment 1715482572

Last edited:
That sounds like a fun road trip. Happy birthday how was the tour? Dustin
Thanks for asking, I drove 750 miles in one day with my only goal to tour the Kindig shop. My wife and I had a great time and bought some swag in the well equipped gift shop.

How did you like it? We toured the Kindig shop a year ago and it was eye opening how nice the vehicles are that they build. Not really my cup of tea but impressive to say the least. Very high craftsmanship and quality work.

How did you like it? We toured the Kindig shop a year ago and it was eye opening how nice the vehicles are that they build. Not really my cup of tea but impressive to say the least. Very high craftsmanship and quality work.
We liked it a lot. I have learned a lot from watching the show and I appreciate the shows family atmosphere. Our tour group was all married couples. The shop and employees were impressive beyond description.

I met Dave and KevDog at sema back in november. Both real gentlemen. Steve Darnell also.

Very cool! Happy Birthday and anniversary lol. Kindling's quality appears top notch from what I see on TV. One of my preferred car shows to watch.

downloadfile-52.jpeg

Sounds like a great day! The guys appear to be quality people all the way around. I agree, I love their craftsmanship even though a lot of their builds just isn't me.

I met Dave and KevDog at sema back in november. Both real gentlemen. Steve Darnell also.

x2...I met Dave and KevDog at the 2019 Grand National Roadster Show. Both of them are extremely nice. They were kind enough to sign a couple of the past years GNRS shirts that had one of their shop-built cars on it. We used both shirts as raffle prizes at our club charity-benefit car show a few months later.

Am so jealous.
Always amazed at the level of craftsmanship in the builds, saw one at World of Wheels last year, truly incredible, best part of the show is when they go for a road test.
:thumbsup:

Side note, while we were in salt lake waiting to tour Kindigs shop, we stopped by (un announced) JDM Legends. Another TV show. They build high quality Japanese cars. Eric was as nice as a guy could be and gave us a personal tour of his shop while he was on his lunch break. Different world all together and one I am not familiar with but I was still very impressed with the craftsmanship and quality of his cars.

Great day for me and my Mrs. I got lots of photos and the tour guide is Dave's cousin so we got inside stuff. Toured Justin Stevens upholstery operation as well. Fun fact: they keep every car they finish and show it for a year, testing fit and finish before delivery. Basically everything they build is too valuable to drive.

Seriously? I have an online friend who just got a permanent job there as a welder and fabricator. He is a super good dude. They build some serious rides.

Car lift? Yeah, they really do help.
I bought one in 2015 and since then...I think why in the heck did I wait so long ? ? ?
car lift 13.JPG
IMG_2025.JPG

Seriously? I have an online friend who just got a permanent job there as a welder and fabricator. He is a super good dude. They build some serious rides.
They have a six year waiting list, they finish about 6-8 cars per year and the money is in the OMG range.

Love the flag. And your Road Runner stripe's in the wrong spot.
Flag...Yeah, I'm a California guy but I hang the Stars and Bars proudly.
Not my Road Runner....
How are the stripes supposed to be? They look like other cars I remember.

Flag...Yeah, I'm a California guy but I hang the Stars and Bars proudly.
Not my Road Runner....
How are the stripes supposed to be? They look like other cars I remember.

They are on correctly when the stripe will intersect the top of the rear wheel well perfectly in the center, were it to continue that far. The stripe on that car needs to go forward a bit. They are correct when they are very close to the angled edge of that quarter glass. Badass car, though. Is it a 71 or 72? 71 is my all time favorite Mopar, although I'll never own one.

The car is a 1971 and was owned by the bald guy at the far right of the picture. He ordered it in September 1970 and owned it until sometime in 2018. I thought he'd keep it until he croaked but he sold it and cleared out all his classic car stuff. The car had been repainted twice so the placement of the stripe was probably the fault of the body shop that painted it last.

-
Back