What’s Your Team?

-

72DartGuy

Reaction score
I lived in Florida for a while. You’d meet a guy and within 5 minutes they ask ya What’s your team? It’s all college ball. I had no idea. I said Florida State and am still here so I picked the right team! As far as the NFL goes, Who do you follow? You have a team or a QB?

Wisconsin guy here, so naturally Badgers in the Big 10... Loongtime Packers fan, although getting more than a little tired of the Drama Queen under center. I'm the kind of guy that goes to the bar wearing a Nitschke jersey.

I root for two teams......
Whoever is beating the **** out of the cowboys this week, and whoever is beating the **** out of the patriots.

I root for two teams......
Whoever is beating the **** out of the cowboys this week, and whoever is beating the **** out of the patriots.
But then who do you root for when Dallas plays New England?

A buddy got me an Alabama college football shirt. It didn't take long of me wearing it before the comments started.

I don't follow football or soccer

If it makes y'all feel any better, I'm a USC grad, dad is Berkeley, mom is Stanford, and my dean is UCLA. It's like a little California football conflict in my world :)

So I root for my undergrad, UCSC. Go banana slugs!

Originally from St. Louis so I grew up as a Cardinals fan and rooting for Jim Hart. Still root for the Cardinals but it's the baseball team (Cardinals) that counts most. To me, football doesn't start until the World Series is over.

Naturally I am an Alabama fan since it is where I live, Roll Tide!! Joe

I'm the kind of guy that goes to the bar wearing a Nitschke jersey.
I have one of those. :)

To me, football doesn't start until the World Series is over.
I felt that way until 1994. Billionaires and millionaires fighting over money causing the cancellation of the season tempered my enthusiasm for MLB. I go to Triple A games several times a year, though.

I have one of those. :)
Actually met him once, and we got to talk for a bit- one of the nicest, most approachable guys I've ever had the pleasure to meet. On the field, however...
OIP.t3s1UTp1qBbVvDiLhBdu_QHaJT?w=158&h=198&c=7&r=0&o=5&dpr=1.1&pid=1.jpg
"On September 1st, 1960, a steel coaching tower on the Packers practice field was blown over by a strong gust of wind on top of Nitschke. Lombardi ran over to see what had happened, but when told it had fallen on Nitschke, said, "He'll be fine. Get back to work!" According to Nitschke's biography, a spike was driven into his helmet, but did not injure him. The helmet (with the hole) is currently on display in the Packer Hall of Fame in Green Bay."

Last edited:
Ive always rooted for the home team, which growing up was awesome because they would win a national title about every other year

Then i moved to michigan, so my team became the lions, what a let down that was

Of course, when they started disrespecting the flag, i was done with them too, that wasnt hard to give up

As I've told my kids. There are only Two teams in the NFL. The Vikings and the Enemy.

Any questions?

Actually met him once, and we got to talk for a bit- one of the nicest, most approachable guys I've ever had the pleasure to meet. On the field, however...
View attachment 1715987721"On September 1st, 1960, a steel coaching tower on the Packers practice field was blown over by a strong gust of wind on top of Nitschke. Lombardi ran over to see what had happened, but when told it had fallen on Nitschke, said, "He'll be fine. Get back to work!" According to Nitschke's biography, a spike was driven into his helmet, but did not injure him. The helmet (with the hole) is currently on display in the Packer Hall of Fame in Green Bay."
Nitschke was an out of control, mean, hard-drinking SOB before he got together with his wife. She's the one who deserves credit for bringing the good out of him.
I remember reading Run to Daylight as a kid, and the tower incident is described in the book. Last I saw the helmet was still there. I haven't been to the Packer Hall of Fame since '08. We're going to the Titans game in November, and the HOF has been completely re-done, so I hope we'll go before the game, which is a Thursday night.
Ray did an appearance at a shopping mall shortly before his death. It's about forty miles away, and I had every intention of going. That evening there were torrential storms, the kind of weather in which driving should be done only in dire circumstances. I figured I'd get another chance to meet him. I'm now older than he ever was.

My son on R&R in 2008. Five days earlier he was on an outpost in Afghanistan.
100_0027.JPG

Hail to the Redskins
You mean the "Football Team"/"Commanders"? :rolleyes: Just kidding. That whole mess must have been painful to go through... I remember travelling down that road with the Marquette Warriors/Golden Eagles- bunch of B.S.

-
Back