what a horrible day

-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
i was trying to make it up to Denver for the big show today and i was in one of my dad's farm trucks, a stakebed 1/2 ton ford.

i got to Pueblo, two hours south of Denver and i went to a back street in north Pueblo to a gas station and i was at a red light in the turning lane and i heard some reving and tire screeching from outside and POW and BOOM

a car hit the pass. side rear and wedged itself under the stakebed and hit the wheel. so i get out and run to see if everyone was ok and it turned out to be a 3 car involvment and the guy who hit me is 19 in a honda so we wait 40 mins for a cop to show up and i notice the tire is what went BOOM...... it popped and had a flap hanging off it...........so after the cop came and did his thing..... another hour.

i went to change the tire ....the tire was half on the rim and half off ........i get the spare on it and go to move the truck and its hard to move the ......rear end is bent ....kinda noticed when i was changing the tire but was hopeing for the best.......

so the cop calls a tow truck ....they were needed for the other cars too.
so i request my dad's friend's tow company ....well the wrecker was coming from Fowler...which is an hour away. so i waited for the tow truck and i went with the tow driver and he dropped me home and took the truck.

i lost my camera in the mess but as soon as i find it pics will follow

didnt feel a thing in that old truck but the honda looked like it fell of a cliff.

the worst part is im missing the car show and FABO meet bcoz this idiot in the honda

.......Reasons why I can't stand my fellow teenagers..........

How stereotypical :banghead:

Really glad you were not hurt. Sorry you missed the show and the meet. There will be others.

I hated being a teenager for the same reason.

You didn't miss much, Rani. There were some ok cars, but races delayed due to a pretty gnarly accident on the track. The turnout has been better in prior years.

I had to bail at noon, because Amy had to work, but by then, I had walked the pretty small swap meet three times and didn't feel like I had missed anything else that was going on.

The cars that showed were interesting, but it wasn't a very big turnout for some reason. Lots of people that I know who usually go to this had bailed. At least eight to ten of them, not including people from here.

Sorry to hear about the accident. When you posted in the other thread, I thought you were hit in the Dart, before reading about it here. Glad it was a nasty flatbed that took the shot. Sucks about the axle.

I think we should all rain check this, maybe at the next Golden Super Cruise somewhere.

Glad everyone's walking and breathing.....gotta be thankful for that. Geez, was the hit very far from your Dad's truck's fuel tank?!

i was going to take the dart but i was feeling shame bcoz its not very nice .....so i decided to take it apart for new paint this last week and not mess with it ........and i just took a farm truck bcoz it was decent enough just for transportation.

when my dad found out about this he got upset ......he has a newer cars and he was upset i didnt take a new car to be safer ....but i didnt want to bother him and take his new car and leave him with a stinky farm truck so thats why i didnt.

You're ok, though, which is the important part.

I used to work collision for a long time before doing restorations for a living and I've been in some nasty accidents when other people were driving and I can tell you, I'd take a nasty old truck over a five star disposable car any day of the week in traffic. You are proof. Nobody is safe at highway speeds without a 4 point and a helmet, though. DOT doesn't want you to know that.

Demo derbys didn't outlaw Chrysler Imperials because they were weak and dangerous. They did it because they sit on truck frames and are made out of Super Mario stars.

The only accident I've ever been in with an airbag car, I set my head as far back as I could in the passenger seat to keep from getting punched in the mouth with it. If you don't see it coming, it can help or hurt, depending. A friend's wife got kissed in the right rear and had her two front teeth replaced, thank you Toyota SRS. She would have been fine if it weren't for the airbag.

That could have been you in the Honda. Truck> Honda. You came out on top of that one.

Guy at the track set the front wheels back down on the ground after launch and lost it. Hit the walls 3 times like a pinball and got out ok, thanks to a helmet and bars. I think DOT needs to rethink the idea of airbags. I think they suck and if I ever own anything new enough to have one, I'm disarming it.

i was going to take the dart but i was feeling shame bcoz its not very nice .....so i decided to take it apart for new paint this last week and not mess with it ........and i just took a farm truck bcoz it was decent enough just for transportation.

when my dad found out about this he got upset ......he has a newer cars and he was upset i didnt take a new car to be safer ....but i didnt want to bother him and take his new car and leave him with a stinky farm truck so thats why i didnt.

Damned if you do ,damned if you dont. lol

Flatbed truck> Honda. You would have felt it in a "safer" car. It was a good thing that you were rollin in what you were.

Sucks that it happened, but if it had to happen, it couldn't have been anymore graceful to you in the long run. You have the trim dismantled from your Dart to thank for that one.

Have you decided on paint, yet? I like the black orange idea. Black is finnicky to keep clean, but they look fantastic.

Glad to hear you aren't injured! Be sure to get a check up if you feel any aches or pains letter. Many times, injuries show up a day or two later.

Xs 2 on being in a truck vs. a car! Trucks are way better protection in a collision.

Flatbed truck> Honda. You would have felt it in a "safer" car. It was a good thing that you were rollin in what you were.

Sucks that it happened, but if it had to happen, it couldn't have been anymore graceful to you in the long run. You have the trim dismantled from your Dart to thank for that one.

Have you decided on paint, yet? I like the black orange idea. Black is finnicky to keep clean, but they look fantastic.

yes i decided on black for the dart.

and im kinda glad it was an old truck and not my dart ...if it was my dart i would be sooooooo upset right now

plus its an old 92 ford truck, so what!!!...theres more of those around ...im glad it wasnt my dad's new car either ...its a 2012 Mercedes benz so that would have been a nitemare ....those are soooo expensive, ....no way, i like to keep it simple and i will stick with the $1500. truck

You're ok, though, which is the important part.

I used to work collision for a long time before doing restorations for a living and I've been in some nasty accidents when other people were driving and I can tell you, I'd take a nasty old truck over a five star disposable car any day of the week in traffic. You are proof. Nobody is safe at highway speeds without a 4 point and a helmet, though. DOT doesn't want you to know that.

Demo derbys didn't outlaw Chrysler Imperials because they were weak and dangerous. They did it because they sit on truck frames and are made out of Super Mario stars.

The only accident I've ever been in with an airbag car, I set my head as far back as I could in the passenger seat to keep from getting punched in the mouth with it. If you don't see it coming, it can help or hurt, depending. A friend's wife got kissed in the right rear and had her two front teeth replaced, thank you Toyota SRS. She would have been fine if it weren't for the airbag.

That could have been you in the Honda. Truck> Honda. You came out on top of that one.

Guy at the track set the front wheels back down on the ground after launch and lost it. Hit the walls 3 times like a pinball and got out ok, thanks to a helmet and bars. I think DOT needs to rethink the idea of airbags. I think they suck and if I ever own anything new enough to have one, I'm disarming it.

My wife got airbagged a couple years ago...she was in an F-550 going ~35 and was hit head-on by a Hummer H2 running about 50. Only injury related to the airbag was a bloody lip.

yes i decided on black for the dart.

and im kinda glad it was an old truck and not my dart ...if it was my dart i would be sooooooo upset right now

plus its an old 92 ford truck, so what!!!...theres more of those around ...im glad it wasnt my dad's new car either ...its a 2012 Mercedes benz so that would have been a nitemare ....those are soooo expensive, ....no way, i like to keep it simple and i will stick with the $1500. truck

It's an F-150? Well, the good news is: any 1980-1996 F-150 or Bronco (and they built about two gajillion) will have the rear axle you need! If Dad has been thinking about regearing...now's the time! :)

Glad you are ok......there will be other car shows and FABO meet & greets......

-
Back