What are these called and where can I buy them?

-

Pabuhr

Reaction score
I am restoring a 1972 Dart and seemed to have lost one of these plastic clips for the rear upper metal panels. I have no idea what they are called and can’t seem to find them anywhere. Any help is appreciated. thanks in advance.

B4F002AC-7C59-44AD-91DE-2AF7ED0CFE03.jpeg

867CB651-5FA9-4B10-9920-55E3A1964EE1.jpeg

Idk the technical term. i have always called them nylon sail panel insert tabs. As far as i know nobody makes them. Hopefully someone else has some or knows someone who has used ones

That would be great Mr Sinister. I tried R/T Specialties but not knowing what to call it is frustrating.

You could shoot a picture off to Jamie at Mega Parts. I bet Jeff has some as well.

Those are called peedlepods, portasnorkels, doohickeys, whatchyamacallits and thingamajigs.

I may have a spare one in a jar of odds and ends you can have. Let me check to make sure I have enough of em for both cars. If i got an extra it's yours. Just cover my postage. PM me.

Those are called peedlepods, portasnorkels, doohickeys, whatchyamacallits and thingamajigs.
No, they're do-dads.
They shouldn't be hard to find used, and usually free.
My suggestion is to place a wanted ad on here with the pictures you posted describing what you need and how many.
Most A-Body cars had them at least from '70 and up........

That would be great Mr Sinister. I tried R/T Specialties but not knowing what to call it is frustrating.

Auto Zone carries an assortment pack of nylon screw inserts in the "Help" section.
I used them for my grill mounting tabs.
Might work for you too.

I have a couple here. There are three different sizes that I have in the few that are here. I posted these picture for reference. You need to make sure you get the correct length. I do not have a 72 dart here at this time to put you in the right direction. You will have to get someone with a dart apart to measure theirs. I believe all swingers/ dart and scamps are the same from 67-72. Steve

DSCN1377.JPG

DSCN1378.JPG

DSCN1379.JPG

DSCN1380.JPG

These space the steel upper panel out

They are not all flat in the Auto zone packs.
Different thicknesses and sizes.

But obviously it would be best to try and talk Oldmanmopar out of a few.
Looks to me like he's trying to hoard all of them that exist.:D

Mine measure 5/8” tall that sticks out past the sheet metal.

Just went and measured my 71 Swinger and installed ,from the sheet metal out is .610 so a smidge under 5/8. good luck Jim

MoparMat fixed me up with a couple of these items. Good guy! Thanks to everyone for all of the input.

-
Back