What are these center caps and wheels?

-

my5thmopar

Life Long MOPAR Owner
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Trying to figure out what the caps are and what they are worth. I got them with the 15x7 Kelsey-Hayes 5x4.5 wheels which I don't know if ferd or Mopar. Thanks

IMG_0168.JPG

that center cap was used on the super coupe and chrysler road wheels. someone put it on a lebaron/diplomat 15x7 steel wheel that uses a bolt on center spoked full wheel cover

I’ve been researching and can’t find any for sale Can someone tell me WIW. Please don’t pm me asking to buy them this isn’t a for sale ad. Closeup of the worst one. Craig

BF67BE69-1978-444B-B753-9D6D90BE03AF.jpeg

A61C849A-C0E7-4FA6-AB45-1F83798A14B6.jpeg

CCC9340A-BB94-4485-AC8C-A26BD640E512.jpeg

mryccd-sw-acc-0012_3.png

Is this the same thing? I know the post is old but I saw this a Coker tire.

No , that is a ralley wheel center , light color is 70 and dark color is 71...

Frank

Yeah I see the difference in the diameter vs. the lug spacing. Those would look neat on a set of cop car wheels.

Doug371 and bulldozer got it right in my book. "Worth" and "Sells" are two very different things. Several of the large national NOS vendors show these in their stock and they are priced from $100-$130 ea. Can't say if they sell at that price. Currently on Ebay there is a pair for $60 that are pitted that have been thru a couple sales cycles and not sold. There is a set of four described as "nice" for $220 shipped that have also been on there for quite some time and not sold. I offered that individual $180 shipped for the set of four thinking I was being generous and was turned down. I ended up buying a very nice set of four off Offerup.com for $60 so I'm glad he did not accept my offer. There are also a few individuals for between $45-$60 shipped but their condition is very poor and again they've gone thru several cycles without selling. You have to decide if their "worth" is the price a buyer is willing to pay or a mythical value based on perceived rarity. To find any of the referenced Ebay ads search using "chrysler wheel dome". Also, condition is everything.

Wanted to ad those are mopar wheels of some type. Ford plain steel wheels will be stamped with a "fomoco" inside an oval shaped outline somewhere and their center hole has to be opened up to fit the mopar axle registers and brake disks. The original application is anyones guess. If they are 15x7 and have three holes where these centers bolt on instead of the five like the 16 slot road wheels these centers usually came on, my guess is they are early 80's dodge truck. But pure guess.

Old thread but, I sold the late caps 75-83 on cbodies. I kept the Kelsey Hayes 15x7 for the next project or back on the truck one day.

-
Back