what are these parts worth???

-

j.d.duggan

Reaction score
5-26-72 340 block just maged,bored to .040 over,squared and decked to +.020 above deck, new freeze plugs and cam bearings,a pair of 587-j 360 heads that have 2.02 intake valves,ported,polished older build,just maged,ck good,will need valva job and surficed.340 crank,needs to be turned,will need to go to .060 on rods.set of lightend rods,with light weight pins.set of adjustable rocker arms.
PB082533.JPG
PB172587.JPG
PB082533.JPG
PB172587.JPG
PB172585.JPG
PB252645.JPG
PB082531.JPG

Is the .040" overbore on the cylinders just now freshly overbored (i.e., never run, or is that where it is now prior being re-bored and honed? Did you mean .060" on the crank journals? In the prior discusssion, it was needing to go .040" IIRC....???

Is the .040" overbore on the cylinders just now freshly overbored (i.e., never run, or is that where it is now prior being re-bored and honed? Did you mean .060" on the crank journals? In the prior discusssion, it was needing to go .040" IIRC....???

block at mechine shop now,will be fresh bore to.040 over I believe your right on the .040 rod journals.sorry about the misquote,to many #'s in my head.

If you really intend to sell this, I would suggest NOT boring at this time but have the block sonic tested to make sure it can be overbored to .040" and make that sonic test result part of advertising it.

The reason: The actual finished bore size will depend on the actual pistons used. Example: If you bore/hone for forged pistons, it will be a larger clearance than for hypereutectics. I doubt that any decent shop bores without the final pistons in hand.

I’ve been told many times that turning the crank down actually can be a good thing as it slows down the bearing speed. I have had many cranks offset ground .060 with no ill effects. A couple of them were bracket raced with 7000 rpm redline. It is getting very hard to find .060 bearings. Kim

-
Back