What are these tools?

-

Rob R

Reaction score
I have a couple of old tools here that I'm pretty sure there are not too many old guys that have used these or even seen them.I could be really wrong,anyone care to guess...
tool2.jpg
tool3.jpg
tool4.jpg
tool.jpg
tool1.2.jpg

and a couple pair of dividers probably Starret as well

Sorry I should have been clearer...the red plastic tube on top of the Starret box and the hex head tool on the other Mic box are the tools that I'm talking about...

I knew what you were asking about just poking fun:lol:

My guess:

Top metal tool is inserted into the end of a torsion bar A-arm to hold in place while you remove something else.

Red tool is a cap to protect another more delicate tool and not a tool at all.

Those are my guesses.

RGAZ

Good guess guys but the red tool is a tool,a brake tool and the other one is a chev Vega tool that only works on Vega's...I'll explain in detail later.I thought some really old guys would have used the red tool for sure.

Good guess guys but the red tool is a tool,a brake tool and the other one is a chev Vega tool that only works on Vega's...I'll explain in detail later.I thought some really old guys would have used the red tool for sure.
I’ve no clue on the red one. I thought the metal one looked like it might be a tool for a timing belt or chain tensioning.

leechris81 got the timing belt tensioner, it's for the Chevy Vega 4 cyl only.An old flat rate mechanic gave it to me along with how he could change a timing belt on a Vega in less than 30 min start to finish.It was taking me 2-3 hours then after that little bit of info it was around 30 min.
Anyone care to guess on the red tool? it's for drum brakes only...

-
Back