What are these?

-

Evan Dutch

Reaction score
Engine bay of my 1980 d100.
I know, it’s not an abody but can someone tell me exactly what these are? Leanburn setup maybe?

6EA7BABA-5750-4E02-B9C9-FE1AB26A686E.jpeg

B6F03D4C-4181-4E1E-9D97-4D74F3FAB2CB.jpeg

The voltage regulator is on the firewall. The two on the fender are emission timers, one was for the EGR and the other is timing delay.

Last edited:
Hardly an expert, but I don't think "lean burn". I see a Mopar ECU for spark under the steering column. I think "lean burn" was essentially the same "Spark Computer Box" in my 1982 Dodge Aries. That was mounted on the inner fender, but a similar box w/ "Lean Burn" label was mounted on the air cleaner in small-block engines, at least from what I have seen in junkyards (usually bigger cars). This box had a vacuum sensor that looked like a vacuum advance pod on the side. The distributor had no weights or vacuum advance since those adjustments were done in the box via electronics. It had a 3-wire Hall-effect pickup w/ a metal shutter wheel. Replacement spark boxes were pricey. I bought one once, though the problem turned out to be the crappy Molex-type connector they used on the box. Thank god for the later Weatherpack and Metri-pak connectors.

-
Back