What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Got the diff in today and the rear brakes in,got the engine on the roll cart.Hope to have it in the car this week.
brakeR.jpg
eng.jpg

Nothing exciting. Was painting the brake calipers on my RAM and my valve covers were close by. Painting the engine black tomorrow along with the black intake and SS hardware. Should look good.

IMG_20210927_153759_hdr.jpg

Over the weekend I kinda organized my parts so I can go through them one by one and refurbish them and reinstall them.

Got a new dremel and polishing kit for the trim and whatnot. ..

20210927_172852.jpg

Table full of parts

20210927_172859.jpg

20210927_172907.jpg

20210927_172913.jpg

20210927_172942.jpg

Boxes and boxes of new parts....Edelbrock ProFlow 4, Gear Vendors Overdrive, radiator and fans....etc

20210927_172946.jpg

I work long days....I'll get started Saturday

Jeff

Over the weekend I kinda organized my parts so I can go through them one by one and refurbish them and reinstall them.

Got a new dremel and polishing kit for the trim and whatnot. ..

View attachment 1715797271

Table full of parts

View attachment 1715797272

View attachment 1715797273

View attachment 1715797274

View attachment 1715797275

Boxes and boxes of new parts....Edelbrock ProFlow 4, Gear Vendors Overdrive, radiator and fans....etc

View attachment 1715797276

I work long days....I'll get started Saturday

Jeff
Nice stuff!! Feels so good when you have the parts and can just get working on it and YOU are the only limitation.

Way more simple than most as I wait on parts to start on front disc conversion.

Installed a shorter alternator belt and Accel metal fuel filter.

Before and after based on feedback from the forum.

20210928_172520.jpg

1837rrrrr~2.jpg

Got my engine in and running over the weekend. Waiting for some thick header flang gaskets. Once I get the exhaust leak taken care of, I will be driving my car to work everyday to break-in the motor.

20210925_131400.jpg

20210925_131405.jpg

Little wipe down for another cruise tomorrow!

End of the Corporate year today and great success for our group!

Going to cruise a bit tomorrow afternoon and enjoy the cooler weather, "Free A/C"! Then fill up with Non-E at some point. Do another show on Sunday with ODD times from 2-6 PM!

And just plain "Mopar" On!

Well, After nearly 4.5 hours of cruise time with an average of 55MPH, it was a good day! Did not check the mileage but do the math.

No Boulevard cruise from light to light but a good honest Run! Saw 100mph+, saw less than 55! I am catching up on that lost seat time and lovin it!

My only complaint is that my right shoulder hurts so much I can not assume my normal cruise position with my right arm on the top of the right low back bucket seat! Oh well maybe the new meds will help!

What's always fun is pulling in to the gas station in these old cars! Kroger Today!

Today this guy looks really hurried and backing up his Personnel Watercraft to the opposite side pump. I can hear him talking to himself and then say **** the fill is on the other side!

He hurried to pull out and change direction. Got re-oriented then started conversing with me. While doing so he did not pay attention and started pumping the wrong fuel into the PWC, and once again "****, wrong fuel".

He was wanting the same NON-E REC 90 fuel I was pumping into the fish! The pumps are the opposite left to right. It is sometimes comical how people re-act and forget their purpose when they run across one of us at the pump!

Outflogging the car trying to get rid of a launch hesitation that "appeared." Hard to do on the streets 'cause things happen in a hurry!! Loud red car with barely mufflers...
But I DO enjoy driving it all lit up at night!!
20211001_200459.jpg

Replacing brake line and fuel pump on my old Suburban. What a xxxx nightmare. But it's the only thing I got to tow with.

Just getting it out to drive a bit before having to store it for the winter. A wash, a fill up, some fuel stabilizer, and back in the shop under the cover until May.

Polished the chrome, repainted the black and replaced the lenses....first parts going back ON the car......

20211002_113406.jpg

Jeff

Didn't work on the car per se but started making a K frame/driveline dolly thing. Not done yet and kinda crude but should work.
K frame dolly.jpg

Yesterday, I took a bunch of parts to the re-chrome guy ......costs are through the roof on re-chroming.
But, they'll look perfect again!
Both bumpers, hood inserts and grill pieces.

Jeff

Troubleshooting the freshly re-built 1406 with my buddy and his dad. Apparently the floats are not "floating" causing a severe flooding issue. Amazon Prime to the rescue!

edelbrock 1469.jpg

Put 4 black Enkies on the SC400 today for the college boys weekend home. The 93 OEM 9 spoke chrome plated AL's were rotting inside (plating was flaking off) and the bead wasnt holding so off they came. Did the entire R&R with hand tools and a bead breaker! Note to self: remove tire over the top of the rim, not the bottom! The first one took an hour wrestling with the tire irons trying to mount the thing, but we were doing it wrong for these rims . Lay the rim down face up and lube the tire bead, set tire down and just start walking on the bead and itll pop right on, use the irons for the last bit of oomf. Top bead of the tire is the same, just get one side into the small of the inner diameter and start pushing on the other sides while standing on the side in the small part. Use the irons for the last few inches. 3 and 4 literally took 10 minutes each. Must have them balanced though......Not a fun job but we both did it together and that was worth it. Like these but black.
65765-mitsubishi__87671.1519516284.jpg

-
Back