What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Purchased this little fella in the mid to late 90's second hand, it's taken me to last week to see and hear it running, yes I've mocked it up a few times but now it's alive, been pissing down rain nonstop since the install so no road test yet, i figured I've waited this long so far whats another few weeks going to matter. B&M 144 B&M manifold.

The 2 little A-body brothers were reunited today!! More to come on the older brother (71) but they are happy to be sharing living quarters again. Next up is to get the beating heart in for the 71. But lots of other details to do for it to. Goal is to drive 2 Demons somewhere to a show next year. Better get working...
20211111_201542.jpg

The 2 little A-body brothers were reunited today!! More to come on the older brother (71) but they are happy to be sharing living quarters again. Next up is to get the beating heart in for the 71. But lots of other details to do for it to. Goal is to drive 2 Demons somewhere to a show next year. Better get working...
View attachment 1715818867
Do you think my 408 Six Pack would fit in one of them? Or my new 416 project? :poke:

You don't get the Rallye Rims that replaced the 4th leg that broke during the 8.75 rebuild. I had to finish it in the basement. Lol
:steering:

20160723_223338.jpg

More parts arrived today for the 360! Taking them down to the machinist's tomorrow! He already has the internal balanced crank, cam, rods and timing gear set. He had to go to a 0.030" over bore to get everything right, and I can't remember what he's cutting the deck down to. Mains have already been honed.
Kinda weird labeling, Chrysler 340SB, but a 3.580 stroke.

IMG_20211111_2008563.jpg
IMG_20211111_2007122.jpg
IMG_20211111_2008217.jpg
IMG_20211111_2007460.jpg
IMG_20211111_2021366[1].jpg
IMG_20211111_2021417[1].jpg
IMG_20211111_2021579[1].jpg

Purchased this little fella in the mid to late 90's second hand, it's taken me to last week to see and hear it running, yes I've mocked it up a few times but now it's alive, been pissing down rain nonstop since the install so no road test yet, i figured I've waited this long so far whats another few weeks going to matter. B&M 144 B&M manifold.

Very nice!

Made a new steering wheel for my rod the scrap pile sawed me again had some old harley spokes from some prodject long ago and some round bar even have a quick relase and started a not so fun a prodject taking out the engine that i granaded in the start of summer the 318 is being totaly rebuild

20211112_101457.jpg

Made a new steering wheel for my rod the scrap pile sawed me again had some old harley spokes from some prodject long ago and some round bar even have a quick relase and started a not so fun a prodject taking out the engine that i granaded in the start of summer the 318 is being totaly rebuild

View attachment 1715819045
Can’t count the number of times the “not throwing parts out” stash has saved the day or come in handy. That is some nice work there:thumbsup:

Finished cleaning remaining transmission components, assembled the clutch pistons, checked various clearances, did some assembly just waiting for some thrust washers to arrive and then it’s final assembly time. A727 transmission performance rebuilds are rather enjoyable I have to say:thumbsup:

2671A1F7-5DAB-4543-B479-AA1E85A513C2.jpeg

03D015CD-D831-4CE2-915A-2FAFD3DFEDAC.jpeg

1EABE5ED-C363-4985-80B1-67CDE0FA11B3.jpeg

Last edited:
Nothing today Have to drop the K frame suspension out of the Duster. My fat *** can't get between it and the firewall to cut the spot welds that hold the floor and firewall together.

Pulled the hood off the ‘74 Barracuda to get shipped off to the buyer. Now the dilemma is do I put the engine back together so that I can turn the car around, just so I can pull the engine for a rebuild? Or do I buy a case of beer and have my friends help me turn the car around with their muscles?

1EF2D84F-A789-4084-96A4-FD7A9DDC7AE2.jpeg

Pulled the hood off the ‘74 Barracuda to get shipped off to the buyer. Now the dilemma is do I put the engine back together so that I can turn the car around, just so I can pull the engine for a rebuild? Or do I buy a case of beer and have my friends help me turn the car around with their muscles?

View attachment 1715820100
BEER !

I installed 1/2"x5" anchor studs in a few of my shop bays.

Pull car out with a chain and the truck to turn around, then winch (or even come-a-long) back in using stud.

Works GREAT, even uphill.

Cost was $15 for the 1/2" masonry bit and about $3 each for the anchors. Most are "Red Head" brand.

I thought about that, but mine is a post tensioned slab and I don’t want to risk tagging a cable. Another option would be to anchor into the wall, which would be very doable.

I used an old power steering bracket and redheaded it to floor close to back wall. I had a spool of winch cable that I ran through the pulley and put hooks on each end then hooked one end to car and ran the other under car to hook to backhoe. Just back up with backhoe and car goes into shop, Joe

Doing a slow and tedious process of dissembling the 340 and kind of surprised to find a Crane cam. Part number HT-284-2-NC, I have no idea what this cam can do, Crane Cams is no longer around, any ideas…

Dart340.2.JPG

-
Back