What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Engine run yesterday, about a minute in, the fuel pump fitting started to leak, got a new one on and started the process over again. All is well the cam and lifters broke in and having good oil pressure. I will run this engine every day for the next two weeks trying different distributors and settings.

IMG_4647.JPG

I used what was in the Felpro gasket kit, if they are in good shape afterwards, they will be used again with the stock manifolds.

Getting the electrical in the Barracuda today and playing around with LED's. They sure are much brighter but now I need a new flasher relay! This just the park lights on. I cant try the signal lights as they won't work with my old flasher.

IMG_3238.jpg

Looks like some seriously well done work there!! I should have called you!!
I took an easier road as I just needed a driver side portion of the pan. The rears still look brand new and the pass side was almost as good. Obviously water had gotten in on the driver side at some point and sat there hiding and doing its damage (I redid the wiper pivots so that won't happen if that's where it came from). So I cut out the bad and welded in the new pan. Mr. BFH helped alot priot to welding. Also spent time after welding using a spotlight looking for pinholes where the welds may not have joined up. Had just a few - welded them up. No pro welder here but it gets the job done. Pretty happy too how tight it fits up on the bottom too, very little gap if any at all. Will tidy that up later in the build.
Now waiting for those sticky sound deadener panels to arrive and line the floors and will then reinstall the carpet and seats.
Crappy pic but shows the idea. 1 piece pan welded in. View attachment 1715854436
yeah, I also used a spotlight for pinholes. My old floor pan was rusted and cut up in the front and the rear was still good. But I just decided to get the whole thing done. Mr. BFH? Also, what brand of sound deadener did you go with?

Motor is going back together :) And the 340 is on the yellow hand truck. Ready to get converted to a 416.

20220115_125123.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

Pushrod angle was wrong due to roller lifters. The pushrods were rubbing. We tilted the head 5 degrees to oval the pushrod holes and redrilled them. No biggie.

Pulled my third member to install a Sur-Grip! Waiting on some stuff I ordered from Doctor Diff. Hopefully I can get it done this coming weekend. First time for me so I'll be taking my time.

20220117_205032.jpg

As i promiste a pic on the disk brake conversion im doing on my 68 truck its going realy good but its realy tight whid these huge corvette calipers and 320 disks im
20220119_104249.jpg
running 15" 8 lug rims so its a tight sqwees

Thought this might be a good thread to quickly show what you are up to with your cars today, as an alternative for people who don't have full build threads for their cars.

I'll kick it off!

Today I bolted on the new Cragar wheels and tires and took it for a quick test drive with no front or rear glass. What a great traction upgrade! 295/50/15s in the back and 155/80/15s in the front. Gave the car a whole new attitude.
I also installed my new Champion Radiator that I bought from Challenger Gary a couple of months ago. It works great so far, ran it for about a half hour with a single 16 inch electric fan and the temp stayed very steady.

Now I am removing the old cheapo headers and installing a new set of Doug's along with a mini starter that I pulled from the local U-Pull junk yard a couple of hours ago for 22 bucks.

Trying to get it driveable for Mopars in the Park. I live about 20 minutes from the fairgrounds so it shouldn't be too bad a drive with the 4.56 gears. Really looking forward to meeting some members!

-Doug

View attachment 1714725172

View attachment 1714725173

View attachment 1714725174

View attachment 1714725175

View attachment 1714725176
Great job fellow Minnesotan, hope to see your car there

Since it's apart to correct pushrod holes. Why not check compression again? 408 Six Pack

IMG_1673.jpg

IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1675.jpg

Well, I see a bunch of good work going on in here, it's been awhile for me to post here so why not :popcorn:
Going back to my roots of body work, yesterday.

20220114_141105.jpg

20220114_143201.jpg

20220114_192316.jpg

20220114_193415.jpg

20220116_185106.jpg

No pictures but blasted all the parts for my 11”x2.5” rear brakes and got them primed over the last two days. Got the side plate back on my A833, removed the old tail shaft seal and broken front bearing retainer and cleaned up the rusty front input shaft. Any progress is still progress.

No pictures but blasted all the parts for my 11”x2.5” rear brakes and got them primed over the last two days. Got the side plate back on my A833, removed the old tail shaft seal and broken front bearing retainer and cleaned up the rusty front input shaft. Any progress is still progress.
Thats a bunch in my book Pauly :thumbsup:

Thanks @memike it’s been a struggle. Raising a family and dealing with elderly parents have taken a lot of time. I’ve had this car for 10 years. I’m not getting any younger and it’s time to get this thing on the road.

Thanks @memike it’s been a struggle. Raising a family and dealing with elderly parents have taken a lot of time. I’ve had this car for 10 years. I’m not getting any younger and it’s time to get this thing on the road.
Same here, lost three brothers in the last 6 years, takes a toll on our emotions and hobbies, I am back on track now, and bless you for taking care of your parents all you can, it's a shoulder full I am sure

yeah, I also used a spotlight for pinholes. My old floor pan was rusted and cut up in the front and the rear was still good. But I just decided to get the whole thing done. Mr. BFH? Also, what brand of sound deadener did you go with?
Big Friggin' Hammer!!
I am just going with some eBay 3/8" foam with foil on one side and sticky on the other. Then on top of that I'll put 3/8" jute/foam I got. There are a few areas I may use one more or one fewer layers depending on how it lays.
Looking forward to getting it in the car in the next few days then put the carpet back in and reinstall the steering column.
Then go pick up the 340 that is back from being broken in on the dyno. Then comes the trans followed by....does it ever end?? Nah, what fun would that be!!!

Also this weekend picking up a spare 440 crank I bought "just to have" 'cause you never know when you might need a spare (my 69 Charger has a 440).
Gotta keep motivated each evening to go out and work in that cold garage. Supposed to be a low of 4F here tomorrow night....

Bought a new set of bumpers from Van's Auto. Installed them after priming and painting the backsides. They look awesome. Anybody need a set a little less than perfect check the classifieds I listed the take offs.

IMG_1884.JPG

IMG_1885.JPG

Garage is a mess! But, new front bearing retainer and seal and output shaft seal installed! Thank you Brewer’s!!! Brake parts got a coat of semi-gloss black tonight. Other side tomorrow. Shifter rebuild is next-got the Brewer’s kit already. Had to quit early to get some venison jerky in the dehydrator. Kitchen smells really good!! God is good!

6BF58772-A620-46CD-88A6-80C8EF5E6E72.jpeg

61EBCE1A-B685-4547-AEE0-4F1407F6B3BB.jpeg

DD02883F-4C49-49D9-8DA3-DFE4E76399C6.jpeg

-
Back