What Are You Doing To/With Your Car Today?

-
Buttoned up the bed and startded the mods on the front end but its Hard to get things doned whid this super weather-15 celcius and not a cloud in the sky a lot of skiing this time of the year .locks like crap now in the front but i have a plan

20220228_111807.jpg

20220228_111709.jpg

20220301_104523.jpg

Tired of waiting on back ordered weather-stripping for the glass. I've decided to wait on the new headliner installation till next year. I'm putting the interior back together and I'm going to drive the wheels off the Barracuda this summer!!!

IMG_1974.JPG

Tired of waiting on back ordered weather-stripping for the glass. I've decided to wait on the new headliner installation till next year. I'm putting the interior back together and I'm going to drive the wheels off the Barracuda this summer!!!

View attachment 1715883833
Right on or maby ride on yeh im waiting for summer to here its 4' of snow so maby in may.........

I had a real bad misfire on my small block. The car has been off the road for 6 years and after a fresh rebuild this issue started after finally getting the exhaust on. It wouldn’t idle worth a crap if the engine was cold either. Threw some new plugs in it and it’s a night and day difference.

Unloading all of the parts from inside it, from the move 2+ years ago, so that I can start working on it again soon. Next task is fabricating a transmission crossmember.

I swapped the cylinder heads to fresh ported cast iron factory heads, replaced the tunnel ram with a shorter 2 piece vs the 3 piece for hood scoop clearance, installed S/S springs out back, added skinny 15x3.5 slots and made a new exhaust.

Resized952022030595120201.jpg

Resized952022030595144122.jpg

I swapped the cylinder heads to fresh ported cast iron factory heads, replaced the tunnel ram with a shorter 2 piece vs the 3 piece for hood scoop clearance, installed S/S springs out back, added skinny 15x3.5 slots and made a new exhaust.

View attachment 1715883912

View attachment 1715883913

You was a busy fellow !! Yep, the front skinnies..look good, hard to find those in skinny.
Congratulations of firing it up with the new exhaust

Got the E body ‘Cuda all pulled apart: transmission removed, new larger 3/8” fuel line, gonna press in some new U joints, waiting on a new 20:1 steering box, and I noticed some gear oil mess appearing from both rear wheels. Stupid me didn’t think to look at the axle tube vent. Well, here’s what it looked like before and after some love.

8950B427-9F5A-4538-865D-F2D8732ADCA6.jpeg
8F99BE52-58A3-4532-8B2B-B8E0E70E5216.jpeg

Still planning on replacing the seals and possibly bearings, but hopefully cleaning up the vent will help with the gear oil mess.

Weather was unbelievable today! Perfect for a 35 mile drive around town. Should have taken a picture of the Barracuda parked in front of the shoe store, but here's a picture of what I bought! Comfortable ecco's, lol.

View attachment 1715868797
You guys have a REAL shoestore? Where is it? I need a good pair of shoes and walmart doesnt cut it for me. I'm near Blue Ridge. I dont mind driving.

You guys have a REAL shoestore? Where is it? I need a good pair of shoes and walmart doesnt cut it for me. I'm near Blue Ridge. I dont mind driving.

It's in Rome. Not too far for you. My wife and I drove to Blue Ridge for the first time one Sunday a while back and just happened into the Arts Festival. I left $180 lighter, lol...but we have a great picture of Jekyll Island on the wall now.

The shoe store is called DiPrima's Shoes. They have a decent selection of men's shoes, boots and work boots. I go there for everything except sneakers. I looked over their website but I think there are shoes listed they don't have.

Any particular brand you are looking for? I can swing by the store and look for you.

Have a bad cold but had some work doned on the front feels like snot in my head but it will get better thinking of making a intake in the middle whid the lights on the sides just grinding on

20220310_102144.jpg

20220310_113754.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-211941_Chrome.jpg

I was just in Blue Ridge the first weekend in December visiting my girlfriends parents. What a beautiful area.

It's in Rome. Not too far for you. My wife and I drove to Blue Ridge for the first time one Sunday a while back and just happened into the Arts Festival. I left $180 lighter, lol...but we have a great picture of Jekyll Island on the wall now.

The shoe store is called DiPrima's Shoes. They have a decent selection of men's shoes, boots and work boots. I go there for everything except sneakers. I looked over their website but I think there are shoes listed they don't have.

Any particular brand you are looking for? I can swing by the store and look for you.
No particular brand, just want good fitting shoes! Thanks, I'm going to Rome soon!

Back into a-body's after going to the dark side for the last 20 years (chevys). Don't even remember when I joined this site. Just installed a drivers side window into 68 valiant without taking out the vent window. Whole time saying to myself don't pop and where can I get another window just in case. But it went in, thanks to worn out felts/channels. Don't do what I do.

Packing the ol' Caravan for 42 hours of family camping....WTF do we need all this crap for?

Took the car outside to hear new exhaust and see the change in stance. Can't wait for my hood.

Took the car outside to hear new exhaust and see the change in stance. Can't wait for my hood.

Looks and SOUNDS great! What is your exhaust setup? I've got a 2 1/2" X-pipe to Magnaflow 10416, and I'd like to find something a little more subdued.

-
Back