What are you running for wheels?

-

Blue72Duster

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Anyone have any ideas for rims for my duster? Id like to put the widest wheels on it possible. Id love to know what rim/tire combos you guys would suggest.

That blue looks great with Cragar SS's and Mopar Rally's as well. Not a Duster but here's my Swinger. !4x6 on the front and 15x7
(4" backspace) on the rear with 255/60-15's

001.jpg

052.JPG

My only worry with that is having to carry two different spares then. Ideally both front and rear would be 15" rims, but the width would be staggered and I would use skyjackers or replace springs for rake. Those wheels look absolutely amazing on your dart though

Are you looking to stay 5x4 and with a small diameter wheel? i.e. 14" and 15"

Yes, for the time being we will be keeping the 5x4 pattern and staying with smaller diameter wheels. Preferably 15" rims. I might eventually change it to the bigger bolt pattern if I put a 340 or 360 in it but that wont be any time soon

Yes, for the time being we will be keeping the 5x4 pattern and staying with smaller diameter wheels. Preferably 15" rims. I might eventually change it to the bigger bolt pattern if I put a 340 or 360 in it but that wont be any time soon

If you're keeping the 5x4 SBP and 15" wheels then in the front you're biggest wheels will probably be 225/60/15's on 15x7's. Some have managed 235/60/15's but I don't recommend it.

In the back you'll want 15x8's, and you can manage up to a 275/60/15 with the proper backspacing. What that backspacing actually needs to be will depend on what axle you have back there.

Easiest way is just to look, since they look pretty different. Most likely you have a 7 1/4 or an 8 3/4 though.

Mopar_rear_id.jpg

Replaced the original 14 inch steel wheels and chrome trim rings with new 15X7 147 Daytona Vision 4.25BSM Wheels and 235/60/15 Cobra Radial G/T Tires

2019 MOPAR Show.jpg

Those look really cool. Ill have to look into those rims. Im on a bit of a limited budget though so if they are expensive top of the line stuff I probably wont have them for a while.

Metal ones. Yeah metal. The plastic ones don't last real long.

Pro Stars 15 x 12 with 29.5 x 10.5 x 15 rear & 15 x 4 with Moroso DS 2's on the front on my bracket Demon. Car is tubbed in the rear with coil overs & ladder bars.

Im looking for the widest rear tires I can get without tubbing the read end or cutting anything. If that limits me to 8" wide in the back and 6.5 in the front then Im perfectly happy with that.

Get a square & hold it against the flat portion of the brake drum, measure from the back edge of the square to the front face of the rear tub, subtract at least an inch, that is your back spacing. Measure from the back of the square to the finder lip & subtract an inch. Add the two measurements together & that will tell you the width of the wheel & the back spacing you will need.

-
Back