What are you smoking/grilling?

-

hosehead

Reaction score
Just did two pork butts over apple wood for 12 hours!! I'll be (happily) eating pulled pork for the foreseeable future! Also made some bread and butter pickles from garden cucumbers and an apple pie! Happy 4th everybody!!

IMG_0682.JPG

IMG_0683.JPG

IMG_0680.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

Burgers and dogs with homemade vanilla ice cream and chocolate ice cream. Woo Hoo! Sons are here and daughter, son in law with my granddaughter will be here around 5

Do you really have to ask what people are smoking???? Captain Obvious....

Bong.jpg

Grilling a steelhead fillet I got at the store yesterday. I grabbed a half dozen marinated beef kabobs and some kosher hot dogs in case I want to get grilling crazy or friends come over.

Burgers, corn, deep fried pickles, watermelon and fresh from the yard homemade rhubarb pie! And some barrel aged bourbon for the chef! Got everything ready to go!

Burgers, corn, deep fried pickles, watermelon and fresh from the yard homemade rhubarb pie! And some barrel aged bourbon for the chef! Got everything ready to go!
Bourbon? Someone mention bourbon?

Just Hot Dogs, and Burgers - some other goodies, and a few cans of liquid refreshment. -- :D --

I smoked the tires on my 67 GTS with 499". Finally wasn't raining and about 90 degrees so I got it out and went into to town to visit friends. Always have to get my fix when I drive it, Joe

Beef ribs...they were really tasty...forgot to take pics (again)...by the time they're ready to cut apart, I'm too hungry to remember to shoot photos!

Will be spending most of tomorrow feeding logs into our Reverse Flow. Spokane County Raceway is having a memorial event for a racer that passed away. Going to have a potluck...will be smoking 5 pork cushions...

Will be spending most of tomorrow feeding logs into our Reverse Flow. Spokane County Raceway is having a memorial event for a racer that passed away. Going to have a potluck...will be smoking 5 pork cushions...
All,

Had a 8lb pork butt and some fresh corn on the cob from the smoker. Used some kingsford with big Hickory chunks for some bite! Of course some beans and cole slaw also! Everything was devoured.......

Marion

One of my Asian friends taught me to make egg rolls today
We made 50 with pork, another one of my Asian friend brought a few dozen with chicken

I think I ate about 20 of the little boogers

And the fun begins...
20170707_055708.jpg

Really like cooking on my reverse flow. Wish I didn't have the temperature creep problem...start out being able to keep it under 250* but after the 4th hour its more like 275*....guessing it is the insulated firebox heatsoaking...
20170707_055708.jpg
20170707_063412.jpg

5 pork cushions...

Looks like my wood has finally seasoned. Was struggling with the wood still being wet, would cause a heavy amount of crappy smoke as the wood just smoldered, boiling the moisture out as the chamber temperature dropped. Would end up adding an
other log which would then make the temp skyrocket.
20170707_080955.jpg

The red maple has been down, split and stacked for 2 years. The cherry for about 18 months...

-
Back